Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Try Fruit or Chocolate Instead

In case you're wondering why I'm sitting here with a package of frozen vegetables against my back, I'll tell you. Otherwise, skip to a different post.

Just minding my business, taking the happy bundle of fur outside, when I missed the clear sheet of ice and did a triple Ginger Rogers down the steps, landing precisely on a concrete slab. I even made an interesting noise on the way down... it wasn't quite a scream or a screech... more like an aaaaahhhhhhhh, like the sound one makes when taking 'getting hit on the head lessons.'

I sure picked a bad week to stop consuming entire trays of brownies.

The in-house nurse said ibuprofen and ice it for 24 hours. So here I am, with frozen veggies against my back. I pleaded with her to at least give me frozen fruit or chocolate instead - everybody knows vegetables suck for tissue injuries (and most other stuff). If I rush, it will make an interesting side dish for dinner.... "Back-Cooked Green Beans, with a side of Ibuprofen."



Today's advice: Avoid slipping on ice. If you must slip on ice, avoid falling down. If you must fall down, avoid falling on concrete. If you must fall on concrete, use a few of your sick days. Make sure you say it happened in the parking lot at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment