Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Ubuntu 16.04 Incredibly Quick Review

I installed Xubuntu 16.04 (Exalted Xerces) shortly after it became available. The download was fast, the installation faster. There haven't been many installs or upgrades that ran over 20 minutes max.

Since I customize my XFCE environment, I tend to never see any graphic changes or improvements. In fact, there was very little change at all. There's some program called Maps that I didn't install.

And speaking of install, Ubuntu has wisely ditched the monolithically institutionally governmentally awful and slow Software Center. One could compare this to removing a benign tumor: it's only bothersome when you get near it. Any program that replaces Software Center has to be a welcome improvement.

And the main comment?  It works. No BS. No issues. No driver problems. No wifely yelling. Not even a Pet Problem.

This has been your Incredibly Quick Review.

No comments:

Post a Comment