Saturday, October 26, 2019

RIP Paul Barrere

ThremionicEmissions feels it has lost a family member. Today we lost Paul Barrere, of Little Feat, from liver cancer.

Paul joined the Feat a short time after Lowell George put it together, as 2nd guitar. He wrote a ton of tunes and led the band after Lowell's death and time off. He was the main vocalist.

We've been fans for more years than we'd care to admit. Little Feat are the greatest groovemasters in all of rock. Truly the 2nd best rhythm section, after Bonzo and JP Jones. We would see them whenever they were within a 50m radius. We took my parents, who also had a blast. My band covered a lot of their songs.

I had to good fortune to chat with Paul online and in person.. what a nice guy. We talked guitars for a bit. He didn't even flinch when I told him he was using the wrong pickups in his old Fender Stratocaster. He tolerated me well and even knew my name from online. That night we got a setlist signed by the whole band.

Something must be done.
Our heroes are dying.
Worse, they're dying from cancer instead of a dignified Rock Star Death: drug overdose.

Sail on, Paul.

No comments:

Post a Comment