Friday, November 10, 2023

Rock and Roll Hall of Shame

I'm looking at some pictures of the inductees and continuing to shake my head..
In the past, such rock and roll luminaries as Donna Summer and Tupac have been inducted. The abject silliness continues this year. Let me list some of these 'rockers'

  • Willie Nelson  - I like Willie Nelson, but he ain't R&R
  • DJ Kool Herc  - nothing with a DJ in front of it belongs in the RRHOF
  • New Edition
  • George Michael - I might entertain an argument here. PS Andrew Ridgeley is still alive.
  • Sheryl Crow - I'm not arguing at all - she can rock me anytime she wants (she doesn't want)
RRHOF is just another political group that has bypassed real rock in favor of the above. If you're ever bored, look up what rockers have to say about the place.



Verizon Must Die  (Again)
  • Verizon screwed up my phone payment. Because it didn't go through, my phone service went down. Yay Verizon!
  • Wife stopped at a Verizon store to make the payment in person. No can do. They need an account number. She doesn't have the account number. No payment. No cell service. Important calls missed.
  • I also don't have the account number - all transactions were done online, so no account number on correspondence. If I walked into a Verizon store, I couldn't pay my own bill.
  • I had to set up a Verizon account. This naturally didn't work, plus one of the pages was down all day.
  • I think I pulverized a laptop, desk, printer, and several large metal tools out of frustration. All I wanted to do was give them money.
  • Finally got to a payment screen, put in an amount, then discovered it was not enough. What they didn't tell me was they were going to charge for everything, because the FCC must get its pound of flesh. So I paid different amounts three times.
  • I don't want any harm to come to the poor Verizon workers; maybe just the people up top, who really deserve it. I wouldn't wish this on anybody.
I hear there is a mythical land where people can ask questions and make payments online, without the need for illegal drugs or the wish to wipe out entire humongous corporations. I think someone made the whole thing up.


'I’m calling from Israeli intelligence. We have the order to bomb. You have two hours'

One must appreciate this very Civil war. What other country gives notice? Sounds like something the British would do... "Terribly sorry, old chap, but we're going to have a bit of a bombing. You should probably go for some fish and chips. Ta."


 Netflix released the first trailer for Avater: The Last Airbender.

I'm sorry, but that sounds like something that comes out of your butt.


Do you have your Electronic Vehicle yet?

Until anybody can prove me different, all we've done is shift the internal combustion burden to electricity generation. Is electricity generation cleaner? 


Protective vaccination rates falling out of reach in US; exemptions hit record 

Every now and then I'm proud of my fellow citizens. Ask questions. Don't suck up the narrative. Make your own decisions.


48-nation bloc to crack down on using crypto assets to avoid tax

Allow me to translate: We can't get our hands on it to tax you so we cannot permit it.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment