Tuesday, May 14, 2019

HP LaserJet Pro MFP M130nw - FURTHER

I'm pulling my hair out faster than it can leave on its own.
I don't recommend it.

I really like my printer, from last February. Only recently it's been giving me a hell of a time. When I need to print something, I have to give 30 minutes' fair warning to the neighborhood, my wife, and the dog. The screaming and invoking Satan's name for several hours isn't conducive to getting things done, plus I keep getting interrupted by police and the SWAT team.

Today I was not disappointed.
Unfortunately neither were the authorities.

Normal people can print things. I'm not normal. I don't want to be normal. But I'd like to be just normal enough to do stuff like print.

When I get really angry and the screaming reaches eardrum-shattering levels, things start going downhill like dominoes. It's not enough that the printer won't print.. every attempt to get it to print other ways failed. I'd turn on another computer, which didn't want to boot. When I got it booted, the printer failed there too. After much re-cabling, it continued to fail and I continued to wrap cables around myself, slip on things, and ram my head, inadvertently, into Large Metal Pointy Things. It goes downhill from there and will continue to go downhill for several hours, including after I've surrendered and wiped up the blood.

TWO operating systems, three computers, and three printer cables later, there was nothing I could do. Every computer told me it couldn't find the printer. I could find the printer - it was next to me, plugged into the usb port, where it always printed. My guess is that the jack at the printer end broke, which means I have to take the thing apart and/or buy another printer. This will have to come out of the Chemo Fund: I hope HP is happy.

Let me say something positive: the copier function still works.


Now I can pull my hair out more slowly.



Speaking of Penny, she's caught and eaten two mice, two birds, and four bumblebees.

No comments:

Post a Comment