Sunday, December 4, 2022

How Was I Supposed to Know Monkeys Can't Swim?

 

Your love is like   an ice cream sundae without the cherry. or the ice cream.


There is a Slade song called Monkeys Can't Swing, that will now be going through my head for a week.


Today I identify as  the new book by Woodward and Bernstein: All the President's Meds


To be fair, I watched a few videos, perhaps a concert from the 'new' Guns N Roses. For better or worse, it's pretty hard to replace Slash. Visually speaking, it seems to be a contest for who can look the most homeless and deranged.


China links COVID outbreak to man's jog through a park; scientists skeptical

China can always be counted on for entertainment. They've mastered the art of spewing total bullshit while looking deadly serious. Anybody with half a clue knows that the Flying AIDS was started by some lady blowing her nose inside her house in 1995.


I'm listening to the scanner, with 19,450 other people, to the police clearing a school. As best I can gather, there was a student with a gun, but no shooting. I'm glad there was no serious trouble or injuries.

What have we learned from the increase in shootings?
Well, the students have learned that shooting up their school is a thing. And that it brings infamy, which they mischaracterize as fame. More importantly, they learned that hoaxing or showing up with a gun will cause a ruckus and shut the school down for the day, so they'll miss that math test. 

As usual, I was way ahead of the crowd. A verrrry long time ago, way before people shot up schools as a hobby, I brought a toy gun to school. I didn't understand the ensuing fallout, which earned me a trip to the principal's office. The bastard STOLE my gun and lectured me. It was no different than anyone else's toy gun, and shot little noisemakers, but only as noise - not as projectiles. The only way you could hurt anyone with it was to hit them over the head, but I'd lay odds that the gun would collapse before the head would. Again, this was years and years before shooting became popular and I wasn't looking for fame or infamy... I was just playing with my toy gun. This was the start of my interaction with people high in the structure of organizations. Since then I've managed to limit it to weekly (scheduled) appointments with HR. 


Alzheimer's drug lecanemab hailed as momentous breakthrough
First drug to attack the source.
I wish we had this years back, for a couple of people in my family. And yours.



The latest in Bust on Musk 
He will allow any info on the Flying AIDS on Twitter, regardless of whether it's considered 'correct' or conspiracy theory. Cue the rabid outcry about how people are going to die because of this. Somebody needs to force him to spread the Narrative! He's dangerous! The government needs to regulate Twitter! Why can't Twitter be more like Faceyspaces?

Unfortunately, he's also letting some known abusers back in. So get out your kevlar bikinis, kids.


 In an attempt to look like it's concerned about the climate, Epson will stop making laser printers by 2026. They claim that laser printers are not sustainable and inkjets are a-ok, having raised the pages per minute, which was a major complaint.

Ok, Epson, I'll play along.
I bought a laser because I only print once a month. Yes, I forfeit color, but if I had an inkjet, the inks would all dry out after the first time I printed something. That's not sustainable either. Oh, then there's the remote bricking of some of your printers. You can only bypass it once, with the help of a repair person, then the printer is completely bricked. You're so concerned. We can feel it in our bones. 


A man in England just won a court case against his former employer, who fired him because he didn't enjoy the company's boozy, fun culture.  I feel his pain. After helping out with an after hours move once, I was offered a beer by a VP. I said "No thanks, I don't drink." She looked at me in horror and said, "You mean you're like this without alcohol?"

I come by my crazy organically. It would be dishonest to get it from a bottle.


San Francisco allows police to use robots to remotely kill suspects

No shit: the San Francisco Board of Supervisors has ok'd the use of lethal robots (when lives are at stake). Recently an armed man was holed up in a building. They sent in a robot, armed with explosives, which blew the place, and the man, to bits.  Justice was done. Well, he didn't have a trial yet, but rest assured, justice was done. No one was actually at risk, but we are telling you, justice was done. The police department saved possibly hundreds of hours by assassinating disposing of removing the threat making the area safe for the children. Yeah, the children!

UC Berkeley's official statement was that lethal force should only be used on Jews, who are, by the way, still prohibited on campus.




Artemis missions will usher in a new, more diverse crew of astronauts

Thank GOD (and Biden). The aliens were ready to boycott monitoring us in space because we're not diverse enough. Perhaps we can get Kamala on a rocket soon.....



Fun Security and Cloud Breaches, or Why I Want a Dumb Car

Hyundai app bugs allowed hackers to remotely unlock, start cars
Sirius XM flaw unlocks so-called smart cars thanks to code flaw

Intruders gain access to user data in LastPass incident
there is a very good reason I recommend Keepass - no Cloud - nothing to break into



My phone lost its mind again the other day. It was convinced it was April. I didn't have the emotional stability to see in which year. Rebooting fixed it again.  Mrs. lefty said it wasn't confused, it was time traveling. Well, that's pretty stupid, I thought (because I don't say things like that out loud to Wife). Assuming she's correct, why would a phone want to go back to the early 2000s, before it was even born?  It's not like it was going to meet Ben Franklin or Henry Ford (a nazi sympathizer, like UC Berkeley). When it time traveled the first time, perhaps it was visiting its ancient cousin, the Treo 180. I had one - it's not exciting enough to visit via time travel, although it was pretty cool at the time. Most of the Really Exciting Stuff came many years before. It didn't even get to be terrified of the Y2K bug. It could have visited Hendrix at Woodstock in 1969, and watched him play the Star Spangled Banner. I'd love to see that. The signing of the Constitution? Boston Tea Party? George Washington farting in the general direction of the King. So many great points in history. But I guess a cell phone confused enough about the date might not be intelligent enough to pick a good destination in time.

While typing the above paragraph, Blogspot let me know there was no internet connection. This surprised every other thing I was doing that was connected to the internet. They almost had a crisis, thinking their internet connection was imaginary and a trip to the Happy Place<tm> was imminent. After troubleshooting, it turned out the browser didn't think it was connected to the internet. Other than last week, when it happened the first time, I've never seen a browser so confused it thought it wasn't connected to the net. 

Every now and then I wonder what it's like to be normal. To have your electronic devices fail to gang up on you. To have the house and car fail to collude to empty any of that filthy dirty money in the bank. To have 2/3s of your laptops not give you the finger at once. To have absolutely no time traveling phones. What's it like?



Guess the most common password.
Read that again for the answer.
STOP IT. You're begging for trouble.
123456 isn't any better.
YOU are the one responsible for your own security. If you keep using these passwords, and keep on using them for everything, it's only a matter of time. Take an interest.


  • Comcast's sneaky Broadcast TV fee hits $27, making a mockery of advertised rates



When I was young, there was a... mentally challenged kid, whose entire vocabulary seemed to consist of "Yee Yee." I mention this because Kanye wants to be called Ye. That aside, I want to try a little sympathy. Ye Ye has documented issues, bipolar disorder being one. The last time he went off on a nonsensical tirade, I called for the guy getting medicated correctly. Unfortunately he's back in the same spot. He either needs his meds readjusted or he needs to resume taking them.  Knowing his diagnosis, this behavior is 'normal' for the high side of bipolar. Mrs lefty has bipolar disorder, so I've seen it up close. The difference between treated and untreated is amazing. Ye is also being aided and abetted by other famous persons, which is playing into the disorder and his behavior. If he had a broken leg and kept not getting it treated, what would you think?

As for posting swastikas and doing the Antisemitic Shuffle, this is causing a problem, bipolar or not. Ye has ruffled the feathers of the Anti Defamation League, which is not something you want to do. The ADL is its own little hate group, like a very mature BLM. And this is spilling out to the public and all over the place.

Earlier I said it's 2022, why do we still have this shit - referring to racism. Now we're back after the Jews too. I thought (hoped) we were grown up and past all that crap. Apparently not. My (Jewish) best friend was routinely assaulted when he was little, because he was Jewish. I don't think he's looking forward to going back.

This is also very convenient for the people really running things. It's just more Divide and Conquer. Keep the people fighting about republican vs democrat and they will never have effective government. Add in racial fighting and the few people questioning things will get drowned out. It's brilliant in its simplicity. Hate is taught. Refuse to practice it.


No comments:

Post a Comment