Monday, December 19, 2022

The 2022 Nose Hair Games

 

Your love is like   vegetarian meat loaf


Officials, experts call for masking as illnesses slam US ahead of holidays

With Lord Fauci gone, who do we turn to for random guesses?  


Today I identify as  a left wing extremist, trying to ban reality shows


WordPress debated taking down the New York Post Hunter Biden story

WP is a purveyor of software full of holes and a blog host. They wanted to pull the story from the NY Post. Faceyspaces and Twitter came right out and censored it (at the behest of the government). This is what I mean by Big Tech controlling the narrative. This is why it's important to seek out different (truthful) viewpoints. All you'll get from Mainstream Media is Official Talking Points, which have a strange relationship to the truth.


I've had my.... slippers..... for a few weeks now. Much as I feared, I'd rather just wear my sneakers. Plus I keep getting flashbacks to my grandfather. Or some other old dude who wore slippers. I'm just not advanced in age enough for this. Plus if the neighbors see me, they'll have flashbacks of me wearing slippers, and they're damaged enough. It's just not working. Wife, who suggested them years ago, seems to think everything's fine, but we're married; how would she know? I don't want to say they're unpopular, but even the dog won't chew them.

You see, the slippers are where it starts. It then rolls downhill, at great speed:

  • You begin waking up early, even though you have no reason to
  • You hit the diner at 4:00. Maybe they have specials. Maybe you're just hungry because you woke up early
  • You spend an inordinate amount of time gardening. Considering it took an act of God to get me to mow, I don't see this happening.
  • AARP card, Medicare
  • Don't drive at night
  • a walker
  • death
No thank you. I'm stayin' off this rollercoaster.


The president has vented to allies about how often his age is mentioned in the press "You think I don't know how fucking old I am?" he said to one earlier this year.    -Politico

Uh, no, Joe. By all means, run again. As you know, the democrats have a very low bar.

In 2024, the democrats will stay with their current slogan: "This is the best we've got."

The republicans have a new slogan: "Trump has done wonders for the economy - democrats are buying guns!"


Pope warns he has seen 'omens of even greater destruction and desolation' for mankind

But he's not going to tell you what they are. Just keep sending him money and he'll keep saying stuff about God giving us his firstborn (and ignore the priests with the little boys).


Government Remains Americans' Top Problem in 2022

according to a poll by our friends at Gallup.  [sniff.... sniff...] Maybe there's hope for us after all!

Nah, just kidding: we're going down.


I have this great legal concept that has been applauded on social media (who TF cares?) and needs to go to all legislators: each and every piece of legislation must be tested for Constitutionality before it's sent for a vote. And while I'm at it, each piece of legislation can only be on ONE topic. No added pork. This could save us billions.

The next time you hear a Congresscritter speaking about legislation, ask yourself (and them) "What abut the deficit?" This should give both of you an indication of how idiotic the legislation is.

"Officer - they're beating an old lady!"

I don't have time: people are going 2mph over the speed limit and someone has to punish ticket protect and serve them.


  • I really think this blog needs some sponsors. Unfortunately I don't think Rolo, Yoo Hoo, and Fender guitars are brave enough. Perhaps an explosives manufacturer. Or one of those companies that cleans up blood after a murder.


Tom's Hardware did a comparison called Best PC Cases 2022. How in the universe do you test cases? Most at home next to plants? Least likely to get knocked over by pets? Coolest LEDs? Most floppy drives? Most likely to knock over people when thrown at them? So noisy it will keep you up at night? 


Wieambilla: Grief and questions after deadly shoot-out shocks Australia

But you're not allowed to own guns in Australia. This couldn't have happened. I call fake news.


 It's surprisingly quiet in the neighborhood. Neither of the neighbors is making a sound, which, quite frankly, makes me nervous. It's like they're getting ready to unleash something big. The patio is done, but I think he's tuning up his trash lids for a little concert tonight. The other side received their 12hp Noise-O-Matic yesterday, and is probably trying to figure out how it works. They're in a contest with the manufacturer to see who can make the most noise. Their secret weapon is the dog. As soon as the Noise-O-Matic starts up, 150lbs of Lab will go off with it. He has a bark that demands attention, like a religious figure speaking from a mountain or something. Back in those days, religious figures had to develop massive voices, because they were always speaking from mountains and elevated locations to a crowd that was very far away. If their voices weren't sufficiently loud and deep, the entire announcement would devolve into an audience saying "Huh? What did he say?" The message tended to get lost that way. So make sure your dog has a loud, deep voice when barking.


It's almost frightening but I have some good news to report: after the Great Phone Debacle of 2022, I switched to a prepaid plan with my provider. I started out paying less than half of what I paid normally. Due to incentives, the time of year, and the fact we had an actual sunny day this week, they keep lowering the charge. I think it's around $30/m now and will go down further when the Cloudy Day Loyalty discount kicks in. You might want to check with your provider to see if they have a prepaid plan. Or other carriers. Or TracPhone. Disclaimer: I have the cheapest plan, with 5M data, because I don't get out much.  You will still get a much better deal with better plans. The only difference is that you cannot 'finance' a new phone. Ask first.


I've about had it with pr0n. Well, not with pr0n (phew), but with the right wing evangelicals who believe they can legislate it out of existence. Historically these people complaineth too mucheth, and are usually discovered knee-deep in it. Religion tends to do bad things to the minds of certain people, with power making it worse. Legally speaking, pr0n is here to stay. Any attempt to ban it would be a violation of the First Amendment. And you can take my word for its legality because I have a blog (you can also check the Supreme Court's ruling on it). Second, these misguided hypocrites need to stop trying to legislate their beliefs. Ohio senator Jim Vance said he wants to ban pr0n nationwide. Pr0n has been blamed for everything from masturbation to antisemitism. Apparently Kanye west is also pushing for an end to pr0n. That should pretty much end his 'musical' career. Another similarly-addled congresscritter blames feminism for driving men to pr0n. This is categorically false: they don't have the buses, plus men are fully capable of driving themselves. Won't he be surprised when he finds out women like pr0n too. Like when he checks his wife's browser history.

These lunatic legislators and their buddies are causing trouble elsewhere too. Religious groups are pressuring financial concerns, resulting in banks and online payment processors refusing to do business with adult performers. The groups have all sorts of concerned-sounding names and don't mention religion at all. Remember the First Amendment Cry: I may not agree with what you say, but I will fight for your right to say it. Censorship of one of us is censorship of all of us (eventually). 



So I ordered additional RAM for the only laptop working at the moment. On Ebay, I was happy when I discovered the shop was 30 minutes from the house. I figured it won't take as long as across the country (or across the water) to arrive. Sometimes I'm naive, sometimes downright stupid. I'm generally realistic - I know a 30 minute drive does not equal a 30 minute ship. The first thing I got was a thank you email from Hong Kong. My fight or flight reflex went directly to BALLISTIC. I was going to call Mr. Ebay and tell him about this. I was also going to have SWAT raid the alleged store near me. The tracking information said it left from the store near me, so it was only an hour or so before the adrenaline wore off and I could think straight and hold things without smashing them. The following day I checked the tracking and the package was expected to arrive 4 days after I ordered it. 4 days for a 30 minute drive. It had to go to the local hub, then on a truck to my house. Simple enough for city council to grasp. But no, this is me and this is the USPS. MOTTO: We may get it there. Eventually

Here is the tracking information:

Day 1: printed out label

Day 2: picked it up

Day 3: package felt kinda meh, so we left it alone for 24 hours

Day 4: put it on truck for delivery

Day 5: customer wants to know where it is

Day 6: lie and say it was delivered

Day 7: customer wants to see where he signed for it

Day 8: Atlantis just returned from space.... maybe it was aliens.

Day 9: customer has a mailman in his basement

Day 10: open an extensive investigation into this matter. Call us back in 60 days. 

Day 11: customer says fine, you'll get your mailman back in 60 days.

Day 12: investigation concludes early - it was found up some warehouse guy's nose. please give mailman back.

Day 13: customer still wants to know where the package is

Day 14: it could take up to 4 days, like we said when you bought it.

Day 15: customer opens up his own memory manufacturing plant so he can get some 12 year old memory chips. Because he's a one-man manufacturer, Biden refuses to give him a few billion to do it, saying the government only bolsters large, established businesses.

Day 16: customer changes business plan to arms, easily convincing Congress to give him 25 billion.

Day 17: customer nukes USPS

Day 18: customer drives 30 minutes to pick up his RAM chips, like he should have in the first place

EPILOGUE:

Found out that the memory really shipped from Hong Kong.

WHAT HAVE WE LEARNED?

China can get a package to me one day faster than the local postal system.


Privatize mail delivery.


No comments:

Post a Comment