Tuesday, February 15, 2022

I Used to be Pretty Good at Walking

 

Your love is like  Snausages (which smell exactly like Slim Jims)


  • Where was the weirdest place you got a pimple?


Today I identify as  those little metal things that keep Ace bandages from unraveling once you put them on your limb.


Another great thing about living in the current time.... there was no internet when some of our parents were raising us, thus they wouldn't come across this article called "How to tell if your child may be a psychopath"


NEW YORK — Americans who love hitting the gym and taking selfies while they work out are more likely to exercise in the morning.

What about Americans who blog and generally don't get off the couch? The answer is we're better adjusted, because even if we did exercise, we wouldn't take selfies. We're aware enough to know nobody wants to see that crap.  

 
  • Senators: CIA has secret program that collects American data
  • The CIA is not supposed to operate on American soil against Americans. And this is just what was found
  • Told you so. 


Beijing Olympic News  

Kamila Valieva, the 15-year-old Russian figure skating star who helped her team win Winter Olympic gold in Beijing, failed a drugs test in December.

China says the failed drug test is caused by sigfinicant anti-Chinese bias and demands Kamila be allowed to compete. China further suspects people are still mad about that Covid thing.

China is also pissed because the rest of the world has a first name and a last name, in that order.


  • the Apple update for my work phone says it will correct something about Braille displays.
  • is there an ADD display too? Maybe something for dyslexics or premature ejaculators? 


Oxymoron: Effective Meetings


Hold everything! Pause your surfing. Put your texting to bed. Put your calls on Ignore. AMERICANS IDLE has a new season!


  • My mom, and later on, stepdad, supported me unequivocally.
  • that may explain this blog. And a lot of shocked faces. 


Tesla Extravaganza

In today's Tesla news, pedestrian warning systems in 578,607 cars, aka 'Boombox' feature will be disabled. Boombox allows owners to play music through the external-facing speaker, which is said to 'interfere with safety standards.'  

BOOO to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, which simply doesn't want anybody having any fun.

Also in Tesla news, Tesla factory is “racially segregated workplace,” Calif. state agency alleges
I don't approve of discrimination, but I don't approve of the state being allowed into the business of private business.

'Full Self-Driving' clips show Teslas on train tracks and fighting for control. Experts see deep flaws.
Full self-driving not ready for prime time. I told you so.
However, failing to stop for a pedestrian in a crosswalk is pretty cool. It will teach them to pay attention.


  • Parent Livid After School Instructs 8th-Graders to Describe Sex Acts Using Pizza Toppings
  • I'm trying to figure out what this would look like.
  • Pepperoni won't fit through olives.... peppers are way too large for sausage... onions overpower beef....
  • ok, it was a silly exercise at teaching kids you have to ask your partner what they want before sex, since it might not be what you thought.
  • That's pretty clear and considerate. I might like pepperoni but she prefers veggie. But then again, would I really be having sex with a girl who prefers veggie?



Many Republicans think the NFL does too much for Black players and are losing interest in the league, poll shows
  1. I did not create that headline
  2. I am not a republican (I'm a libertarian)
  3. I think the NFL is cuckoo for cocoa puffs, plus the players' shenanigans lately
  4. I don't see this ending well
  5. I think the NFL treats black and white the same - especially on Traumatic Brain Injury
  6. Who fscking cares - I am the Anti-Sports


  • if you're shopping for an android tablet, do NOT get any of the Amazons. Amazon sits on top of android and hijacks all your information for the benefit of Amazon. There are ways to de-Amazon the tablet on the web.


You just cannot kill everybody who doesn’t agree with you.
Dammit.
Sometimes practical advice is the worst.



The band of bad weather, including snow, has been over the area and not moving for hours. Sometimes I feel it's just a bunch of gray clouds, permanently over the area. Or just my house.

So it's snowing. Again.
this is a pretty normal and repeating sequence of events: it snows, I get aggravated. Sometimes I shovel. It's not like I live in the southwest, where it's not supposed to snow... I just wish it didn't snow here. The weatherguy said the band might slip into New Jersey, and good riddance, I say. We get enough from New Jersey - they can have our snow.

We were supposed to go out today, naturally. The only thing keeping the roads safe is that it's just above freezing. As soon as it goes down a few degrees, black ice starts.  Mrs. lefty discovered cars don't move as efficiently upside down, due to black ice, so we'll be staying in. Again. 

I had to change the tv channel, due to Sports Glut. First the Olympics, then football. The thing most mentioned was a halftime show. We are a nation of morons. I get credit for knowing all the names performing, and extra credit for avoiding them. The irony is that it's going to be really hot, wherever the game is (CA?) and it's snowing here. I'd gladly trade.

I rarely watch tv, but today it's going to be insufferable. Our Super Bowl party usually involves Monty Python movies and treats. Because I am the Anti-Sports.


  • A man in upstate New York is fighting to keep his emotional support pig
  • once again, the government pokes its nose where it doesn't need to be
  • let them try to come for my service elephant....



On the Ice, a Question: Where Are the Black Figure Skaters?
Where are the white halftime show performers? 


  • Destinee Lashaee Dies: ‘My 600-lb Life’s First Trans Castmember Was 30
  • sheesh... who saw that coming?
  • This is obviously discrimination against trans people
  • hang on a second... this 600-lb person realized they were a different gender. How come none of the 600-lb people realize they were skinny?










No comments:

Post a Comment