Thursday, April 7, 2022

Grammys Are Finally Relevant!

 APRIL FOOLS!


Your love is like  being run over by a construction vehicle, which backs up and runs you over again


President Taxit stepped up to the plate on Long Covid, suggesting it all be converted to Short Covid, so there's only one Covid to deal with. His advisors said, "Nice going, Brandon," and put him back in his case.


Today I identify as  an entire class of trans 5th graders



Faceyspaces news 

Lord Zuck surfs every day, to wash off the tons of negative press he receives.

Hitler didn't surf.

TikTok is taking away a lot of Faceyspaces users. It's getting so bad that people are livestreaming their shootings and crimes on TikTok instead of Faceyspaces.



  • It was interesting to be out recently, seeing a few people with masks. Good on them - it's their choice.
  • It was sad to go to a mall with long lines of stores closed. They should sue the governor for mandating closures. It probably wouldn't fly, but it would be nice.


While at the mall, I saw electric car charging stations in the parking lot. This was my first time (I'm not lying when I say I don't get out a lot). I took a look - the charges were free. Regardless of cost, there's still the cost of electricity generation. I have no opinion on how green this is, but I'd like an accounting of the 'green' cars; including charging electricity generation, electricity required for manufacturing, battery cost, and battery disposal. Plus battery replacement, if necessary. I suspect things aren't as green as stated. Interestingly, there is already a hack on chargers.


The abortion ban in Texas is draconian. Unfortunately, Texas is so large, women may have to travel quite a distance to other states. Philadelphia imposed a huge tax on luxury cars, so all the dealers moved just across the city line, into the suburbs. I guess this will help Texas women to some degree.

Remember: You Own You 


Elon Musk just bought a metric shitload of Twitter stock, making him the largest shareholder. In unrelated news, Twitter is now spontaneously catching fire.

  • Musk had been publicly calling into question Twitter’s approach to free speech
  • This should be interesting. Unfortunately going after Twitter is insufficient.


Flying AIDS News  


10,000 Covid Patients, Almost Zero Deaths: The ‘Miracle’ of Imperial Valley

How Fact-Finding Fauci Led To My Cancellation At Forbes

NIH begins trial of COVID boosters to fight future variants

'I've had long Covid for two years now'

38,000 health workers dispatched to Shanghai as COVID outbreak worsens





LG lithium ion car batteries have been discovered to spontaneously combust, causing engine fires, and are under the federal microscope. I dunno about you, but I'd add this to the negatives when you decide whether electric cars are for you. Let's see - no internal combustion to add to climate change. With regular cars, it's what we know, plus the batteries don't blow up. It's a tough choice. With current cars, you can replace a part or a battery. With electric, you can replace batteries that run the width of the car, for only $5,000 plus. But you can also stand outside the dealer's shop and see if they blow up.  It's a very difficult choice.

The car industry’s multibillion-dollar bet on electric vehicles was built on a single premise: that batteries would carry on getting cheaper.  Yeah, you tried that with albums and CDs. How did that work out?


  • While the Religiously Addled are at it, they have passed an almost total ban on abortion in Oklahoma.


So I'm minding my business after work, when the day's best idea hit me: a nap.
While I (and the dog) are settling in, British tv is on. I'm starting to drift off when I hear "the business of sex." I would be a bad anglophile if I didn't pay attention. It was only moments til I saw a 65-ish year old transvestite, masturbating, fully without the benefit of clothing. HANG ON a tic..... this was going to require my undivided attention, so I put settling down for the nap off a bit. You know how there are many words that don't mean the same thing in the US and UK? I spent some time working on 'transvestite.' She advertises as a transvestite, but she has two rather large, obvious bolt-on breasts and one vagina. In the US, a transexual may have the midsectional plumbing redone; no idea about the UK.

So there she was, naked and touching herself. Good for her, making a buck.
I rejoiced, not because the 65 year old transvestite was masturbating, but because the citizens of the UK were 'allowed' to see it on tv. I thought perhaps because of the subject matter, they figured people wouldn't watch it, so I hung in for anything else that might, you know ...come up  ....in the show.  The next bit involved a 50-something lady (CIS hetero), who, it seems, had men come by and made videos of them Doing Stuff with her. Her husband (you knew it was coming, right?) was older and played on his laptop while the fun was being had. I guess she makes the house payments. They showed a bit of this also. Considering my orientation, it was a bit better for me than the transvestite. At some point there was a naked old man, who was getting ready to participate in  .....something or other.  Maybe it was the Laptop Guy, having a go at his own wife.

As the UK will tell you, the US is depraved (I prefer to pronounce it 'deprived').
It's not like I want to watch the over 60 set, in any configuration, having sex on tv, but I'd like to have the option.


  • California Can't Mandate Diversity on Corporate Boards
  • sometimes, occasionally, sanity prevails
  • but it goes against my libertarian sensibilities, which say government has no place in private business

 
The guitarist who saved hundreds of people on a sinking cruise liner

What do you do when the ship is sinking, the officers have taken the first lifeboat and run away, and the captain is in mental shutdown, smoking in the dark? Haul out the guitarist! He got people in lifeboats, called Mayday, and helped with the helicopter rescues. Talk about hero.....    (never mind that he put a Kahler on a Les Paul)       --- Guitarists: we're good to have around.



Our Automatic Trashcans have again done their duty and put themselves back in their place after the trash trucks were done with their rounds. We're intensely curious. I guess our friendly neighbor is doing it because Mrs. lefty has trouble getting around. This, of course, means they think I no longer live in the house. Perhaps I need to get out and argue more with the neighbors or something.










No comments:

Post a Comment