Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Cat Bowling

 

Your love is like  the charming odor of 4 day old sushi in your trunk


Even if the phone camera has anti-shake technology, what do you do if your hand shakes?  You hold it with 2 hands. And what good does that do if both of your hands shake?


Today I identify as   LGBTQ.  Straight LGBTQ.


How to secure your phone before attending a protest  
The Roe v Wade decision is approaching. 

We were lied to about the Flying AIDS and the drug companies. 

Perhaps people have more looting to do.


Currently the First Amendment is in play, around the call to protest at the homes of the Supreme Court Justices. Being a staunch #1A supporter (ok, all of them), I see this as free speech. The problem is that it's intended to intimidate. Some of the protesters will be ill-behaved.

I guess the only thing to do is let them exercise their rights, and arrest the bad apples. Rest assured it will be surveilled, both by the beefed up security and the protesters themselves. What do you think?



If you buy a Roomba or similar automatic traveling vacuum, there are many ways it can go wrong. I found a list of error codes. 
  • CT: I am not a cat taxi. Put the fscker in a different room.
  • HH: This place is a hell hole. There are 3 square inches to move. Perhaps you should call Hoarders. You have a problem.
  • TB: I have bumped into so many obstacles, I have Traumatic Brain Injury.
  • DM: Will somebody please get me out of the dog's mouth?
  • MB: The carpet is too tall- you need a MowBa
  • PH: Stop and clean me every 3 minutes. You have too much pet hair.
  • SX: Stop having sex while I vacuum - it's too distracting.


After involuntarily pulling out half of my hair, work gave me a new laptop. I begged and pleaded, but they had to give me a Windows laptop. I offered a doctor's note, but no.

Laptops are shrinking all the time. This seems to make people say OOH and AH. I don't care. I don't think 14" is an acceptable size for a monitor (I'm a real size queen). I guess everybody else does. Considering the amount of work I have to keep onscreen, it's impossible to see much. Plus, Microsoft apps like to take up as much screen real estate as possible. You literally can't shrink Teams beyond 1/4 of the screen. 

Naturally when you get a new computer, you need to personalize it, because you open it and it looks nothing like it did before. I don't have pictures of my cat as a background. This is an especially good thing, as I don't have a cat. I'll be honest - the work laptop is a tool, nothing more. I do as little customization as is needed to make it functional for me. I don't need pretty or gee whiz sounds.... it just has to work. This is ironic, as I didn't mess with the last laptop either.. the one that broke. At least I got all my hamster pr0n files on the new laptop.

I prefer to single-click instead of double-click (I'm very picky that way). I want all the info from the old computer, of course. When I asked the tech for some info from it, he put the old laptop online and said I could take whatever I wanted. That's nice, only he didn't tell me where to look for some really technical things. So I was on a discovery of learning, whatever that means. There's something called a Profile Migration Tool, which transfers all the old data to the new computer. The tech did not use it.  Maybe he was afraid that whatever ate the old laptop would transfer to the new laptop. Maybe there was a language barrier: we both spoke English. I think Windows ate itself. This was very common with older versions of Windows. I thought they had that fixed, but that's just being silly. Some older versions had to be reinstalled every 6 months or so. I got so tired of it that I started trying linux out. I don't look back fondly. Microsoft's design people get a lot of reign over what the system finally looks like. Unfortunately, these people do a lot of recreational pharmaceuticals (or used to), which results in them hiding all the useful, familiar functions in each new version, confusing millions of people all over the world. I suspect half of them are named Leary. I'm terrified each time. None of it is intuitive, so I'd start screaming that I couldn't even get a program to come up. A coworker told me it's simple: just hold down ctl-del-F12 and type in what you need to run. Oh, that was obvious.

Aside from the fact I can't get some of my mail, it works, and it works much faster! Meh - we get too much email as it is. 



Although I never did a lot of recreational pharmaceuticals, I suspect my teeth talk to each other. I didn't go to the dentist for a while. Why, you ask? Because who likes to go to the dentist? I'd sit there in the chair, watching the bottom half of my body valiantly trying to escape, while the doc was inside my mouth. So I left Dr. Mengele and found a new, nicer practice, that still practiced Racket Dentistry. So they fixed stuff up. All the sudden I got lower pain. A week later, I got upper pain. Last night my food felt like I was trying to chew a popcorn kernel, but it wasn't: it was part of a tooth. My theory, which I came up in the last 30 seconds, while terrified that I'd have to go back again, is that the teeth were all communicating with each other, scheduling breakdowns, now that I was kinda sorta going back to the dentist.  A lot of the broken ones were previously operated on by Dr. Mengele, so I should ask if the work was substandard. Not that it will matter.... they'll probably try to redo it all (if it doesn't all fall apart anyway). The techs are all petite, which is good, but with the masks, I can't see their faces. I could walk down the street with them and not recognize them. That would be a good thing for us introverts, but I'd rather see who I'm talking to. So I don't even get to look at their (hopefully) pretty faces. Their uniforms are pretty tightly buttoned up, so I don't even get to look down their shirts. I did one time, but she was mildly..... large... so it didn't help much. Dr. Mengele's office was a literal United Nations, with all of the techs from other countries, wearing v-neck scrubs. Unfortunately I was so terrified, I couldn't be bothered to look down them. Let's be honest - if I have to go through the terror, plus pay tons for the pleasure, I should get something interesting out of it. There's something special about dental techs... whoever does the hiring tends to go for the attractively gifted. Or better appearing ladies flock to dental, who knows?


  • Remember: abstinence makes the hard grow fonder


My shortwave radios are so old...
HOW OLD ARE THEY?
They're so old that the headphone jacks are 1/4". Some of them are MONO!

[for those of you playing along at home, all current jacks are 1/8"]



Oh the weather outside is frightful.
But the sun is so delightful.
So why is it fscking 42 in May?


The Mars Ingenuity helicopter is out of contact. The solar panels have gotten dirt all over them and can't charge the batteries.

Or so says NASA.

The truth is they bought the batteries from Tesla and they spontaneously combusted, just like in the cars.



Flying AIDS News 

So, about that Flying AIDS thing.......
Why is there no serious effort to find exactly how it occurred? Yes, we know it was from a lab in Wuhan. How did it come to escape? Who was working on it? Who was in charge? What did Wuhan do with the millions sent by the US to work with them on this? I'd say enough damage was done to merit an investigation, don't you?


  • Amazon is spending $12 billion on five new datacenters in Oregon
  • the sum of $12b is so small, no one bothered Bezos with the news 


Rapper Young Thug was arrested for gang-related charges.
No one saw it coming  

In other news, rapper Bank Robbah changed his name to Bob








No comments:

Post a Comment