So it becomes pretty apparent that this is a religious stunt (duh). One of the billboards tells me to prepare to meet my maker. HA - I've already outmaneuvered them, as I saw my mom last week.
But these folks, whoever they are, are pretty damn serious. They've purchased billboards all over the place. A cynic [present!] would try to find out how long the billboards are paid for. This particular cynic is taking security courses this week so he has to do all of his critical blog-thinking at night.
Even non-cynics (are you out there?) are going to have questions about this alleged judgment day:
- will there be a flaming Cadillac? (Lincolns are also acceptable)
- do you too enjoy the smell of brimstone in the morning?
- will the churches bail out the parishoners on the 22nd?
- will any of the heathen scum care for my pets after I ascend?
- are the Catholics truly the only ones in heaven?
- will you be one of Osama Bin Laden's 72 virgins?
- will the funeral parlors cry foul?
Bulletin from Mrs. leftystrat: If more people had faith in themselves, as opposed to this stuff, we'd all be better off.