Tuesday, September 13, 2022

What Do Armadillos Do for Fun?

 

Your love is like  a poison ivy sandwich


The easiest way to entertain a baby

Don't have one.


Today I identify as  Boris Johnson [sigh]



My kingdom for a cake?  

A cake appeared yesterday. I like cake, but didn't ask for one. It's not my birthday, nor anyone else's. But a cake appeared. Maybe it was a gift from the Sugar Fairy.

As this is by far not the weirdest thing to happen around the house, I didn't pay it much attention. And when I say I didn't pay it much attention, I mean I really wanted some cake, regardless of the method by which it appeared. 

It turned out this was not a problem, as the next time I went past it, it was sitting out, and the box was nowhere to be found. There were divots all over the icing. The only thing it didn't have was fingerprints. Oh, wait, I located the box.. it was torn apart, with remnants of icing all over it. And if I looked carefully, I could determine the exact trajectory of the unboxing, by the icing all over the cabinets and drawers. 

Obviously the first thing that needed to be done was to ponder this, while cutting a piece of cake. It is an unspoken rule that I get any icing roses or anything tall on top of the cake made from icing. It was a superior piece of cake, and only slightly too large for my stomach. But we eat and learn, no? No, we eat, get stuffed, then do it again the next time.  I moved the cake near the stove, as I needed the space for cleaning. I'm just kidding - I needed the space to make coffee.

This morning I entered the kitchen to find an interesting mini-disaster. Half the top level of the cake had dislodged itself from the other half, then slid down off the rest of the cake, smearing itself on the burner, knobs, and handles of the stove, then down to the floor. Naturally this was the part with the most icing. Wife cried because there was a huge piece of cake on the floor. I cried because all that icing I wouldn't get to eat.

Is it a coincidence that Wife is watching one of those horrid old Poltergeist movies? How does a cake slide off a flat surface? Who is going to clean it all up? How much of the cake will I still be able to eat? These questions and more will be answered on the next episode of As the Stomach Turns 


UPDATE: Have you ever tried to remove buttercream icing from a kitchen floor?It stuck to the floor like women stick to George Clooney. Wife has an insane stock of cleaning products, for every surface and emergency, except buttercream icing. Since I am now the only one who can bend down*, I got the pleasure of doing all the scientific cleaning experimentation. I can safely say that nothing in our store of cleaners was up to the job. I gave up and used a scratchy sponge and dish liquid. It damn near almost worked. 

The problem now is the remainder of the cake. It still wants to fall this way and that, plus it tries to push the icing off onto the general area. Fortunately it cannot push more than half an inch or so. Are we having fun yet, or what? 

Remember that Twinkie that was left out until mold grew on it or it spontaneously combusted, like a Tesla? We left the cake out as our own science experiment. The icing suffered no ill effects. The cake got stale and hard, but cake is merely a vehicle to carry icing, so it doesn't count. Now you know what's for breakfast every day!!!! And snacks. And whenever we walk by it. New slogan from the Icing Marketing Board: Icing - it beats the fsck out of fruit!

* The combination of sustained abuse, age, deteriorating this and that, and side effects of medicines is taking its toll on Mrs. lefty. Is it 'fair' that after all the abuse, she now has to deal with physical issues arising from it? Life sucks - just ask a survivor. 


A Watauga, Texas, church where the pastor called for gay people to be executed is facing the possibility of its second eviction in a year.

I'm not what you'd call a religious person, but I recall something in there about not killing. I can't remember exactly where, but I definitely heard it.

Iran sentenced 2 LGBT advocates to death the other day. There is some real sickness out there and it ain't the LGBTs. 


[Picture of Tom Hanks' wife] Rita Wilson looks teary as Hollywood couple dine out  in LA with troubled son Chet Hanks, who faces accusations of cultural appropriation.

Oh. My. God. 

This is unconscionable.

I can't believe it.

I can't believe I'm laughing so hard.

In prior years, parents were embarrassed and stressed about their children's drug problems, getting thrown out of school for blowing stuff up, not playing well with police, crashing the car, not having a gender reveal party, and failing their astronaut exams. Now, in 2022, parents are beside themselves because their little snowflake might have practiced cultural appropriation! I'll bet he refused to use their preferred pronouns too. Tom and Rita, we feel for ya, we really do. And as soon as we stop being hysterical, we'll try to contribute something positive to you two crazy parents, now get outta here [Bill Murray].

Cultural... [snicker]..... appropriation? [full laughter].

Wait, let me try it again.

Cultural... [snort]. No, it's not going to work. Gimme a few days. Weeks. Gimme a few weeks. I should be ok then.


Depending on who you ask, BPD stands for bipolar disorder or borderline personality disorder. Since it continues to be 2022, BPD now stands for Bizarre Pronoun Disorder. This is when people insist on using pronouns that wouldn't be obvious by observation. No, I'm not going to call you 'them' because you can't use that unless you have multiple personalities. And furthermore, you must refer to me as a firetruck, and communicate accordingly. No bells - air horns and sirens only.

You know from my rantings that I support LGBTQ+#&$ and will tolerate no state interference into their lives (or yours). Until I get Left Handed History and Appreciation Month, I don't want to hear about any other alleged infringements upon groups and/or minorities. Or what you think you're entitled to.

I mention this because I just came across this situation. Ok, I didn't, but my friend did, and that's pretty damn close, if you ask me (which you didn't). The person I know decided M wasn't working out and F was better. So she's a her, and everybody's happy.  I am frequently referred to as 'it' or Cousin Itt, which is part of the reason I don't go out much.



Faceyspaces and other invasions of privacy.

Easy to read, easy to understand 


 Got one of those nifty remote control thermostats from your power company?

Colorado Utility Took Control Of Thousands Of People’s Home Thermostats

They locked the thermostat and there was nothing you could do about it, citing electrical shortage.

 

The future will be ugly. In order to introduce some of the ugliness, companies must make them look attractive. Like this

OK Google, get me a Coke: AI giant demos soda-fetching robots

They almost had me....



with none of the great offices of state set to be held by a white man for the first time in British history

Liz Truss taking over for Boris.
Obviously she did an intensive study and found only women are competent for the job. Because she'd never practice sexism. It's only the leadership of a great country. Ho hum. Even Biden preached diversity.

Her theory is that men think with their penises. This is correct and not her theory. Her theory is that women think with their breasts and they have two of them, topping the single penis of (arguably) all men.


While we're in the neighborhood, a teacher from Ireland was suspended and jailed for not using 'they' instead of 'he' for a trans student. Ok, the headline was misleading (I didn't write it). He was put on paid administrative leave, but showed up anyway, so they carted him off. Transgenderism is against his Christian belief. 

Does he shun coworkers who 'live in sin'? 
Don't make me look up the commandments. Just wait til your father gets home.

Is this the natural successor to "Everybody wants their 15 minutes of fame?" 




Ladies and gentlemen, we have a new term - Quiet Quitting.
It's when an employee checks out mentally. There are others...
  • Quiet Driving - you'll want to avoid this
  • Quiet Missile launching - only if they Quiet Quit first
  • Quiet Drone Flying - this could work
  • Quiet Food Shopping - I hate this - go to CostCo and there are always idiots parking their carts in the middle of the aisle while they shop on the other side. They take up the entire aisle.


10 dead, 15 injured from stabbings in Canada.

When apprehended, criminals said, "What do you want from us? We can't have guns."

Time to criminalize knives......


New bumper sticker: HONK IF YOU'RE STUPID

guaranteed to keep the honking down. I hope.


Black Lives Matter exec accused of stealing $10M in lawsuit

Black Lives Matter (BLM) leaders on Friday sued an executive of the Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation (GNF) on charges of syphoning $10 million in donations to the organization for use as his own “personal piggy bank.”

President Biden said, "That's racist," and gave them $100 million, saying it will help lower the national debt. Financial experts said on Friday that Biden's medicine "has not reached therapeutic levels yet."


Bed, Bath, and Beyond's CFO jumped to his death from a building. BB&B is going to close 150 stores and lay off 20% of its employees. 

He really should have used his golden parachute.
[oops]

There were 2 significant massive stock selloffs before the fact, including the CFO. Good luck to the employees, best to his family.



$&#)
@)$&
So on the first day back from the 3 day holiday, I checked my email and there were only 57 deleted emails. These are the ones I filtered from the massive amounts of spam we send ourselves. 57. Only 57. Some Mondays there are hundreds. My coworkers will laugh at me. Then I'll go right back to the time in 2nd grade, when I...  it's too painful... my pants... oh, the embarrassment... in front of the entire auditorium... I just can't....



There's more crapware in the Google Play store. This time it's fake antivirus and cleaner apps. You'd hope that with Google's resources, it would strenuously test all apps before they're allowed in the store, but apparently not. Once again, it is up to you to use due diligence and some sense when choosing an app.

Want an antivirus? Use one of the major ones, with tons of downloads. This advice goes for most programs. Also look for bad grammar and low downloads. Use a different repository, like apkmirror.com or aptoide.com, the other advantage being not dealing with Google.

Don't store your data (logins, address, credit card, etc) in your browser on any computer or phone. Yes, it's less convenient, but if you put the data there, it exists to be stolen. Use a password locker, like Keepass (free).



Although tv is a giant intelligence suck, if you look around carefully, you can find something to add to your intelligence. F'rinstance - after 21 seasons of Air Crash Investigation, I can not only determine what caused a plane crash, but I can also fly one. Court TV made me an expert on the legal system, to the point where I can prosecute or defend someone. This stuff normally takes years of schooling and practice, yet we get it all free! CSI et al can make you a crime-solving genius, or at very least, a weird crime solving assistant, with wacky hair, odd clothes, and a strange personality. Every show has one of these. Chicago Med will show you how to operate and save lives, with the presence of hot women to distract you. Chicago PD (and all the others) will help you keep your streets safe, any way you have to. They almost give you a gun. 9-1-1 will keep your area fire-free and help you solve personal issues. Bones will help you with all that forensic mortuary stuff you have piled up. And Seinfeld will let you know the tv has been on too long and you need to get up and RUN away. Contrary to popular belief, any of the Law and Orders do not help you with crime; they just plant the suggestion to watch the other 40 spinoffs by the same guy.

Anything else and the tv is just sucking your brain out through a straw.








stereotypes don't appear from a vacuum

No comments:

Post a Comment