Sunday, March 5, 2023

Calling to Tell You I'll be Calling

 

Your love is like  grinding up your hard drive and eating it


Samsung says users will be able to clone their voice to respond to calls


What could possibly go wrong?


Here’s How We Broke Into a Bank Account Using an AI-Voice

Oh.


Today I identify as  the H in Jesus H Christ


 

Starbucks launches olive oil coffee drinks in Italy

Entire country gets up and walks out.
There are no Italians left in Italy - only Americans, iPhones at the ready, after the latest and greatest from Starbucks


  • The debt ceiling is now so high, even rockets to Mars cannot see it. Scientists are still learning much about the Big Bang, and hope it will one day explain the origin and sheer size of the debt. As of this moment, NASA knows there is a rapidly expanding debt, but the ceiling is a mere theory, like an unbiased press or a law against Hawaiian pizza.

 

NSA shares guidance on how to secure your home network

You're saying to yourself, "Has he finally lost it? The NSA?"
Well... they're right.... follow their guidance.

The NSA also recommended keeping Windows, preferably Win11. This way all your data goes directly to them and they don't have to worry about getting a warrant. Not that they ever did.



Well, it happened. I didn't really think about it but it crept up on me. I should have noticed by back aches but you have to hit me pretty hard to get me to notice much of anything.  'My' chair is either imploding upon itself, trying to commit suicide, or desperately wants to get out of the house. I guess I should have known when the 'present' for me came in a strangely shaped box, that most that likely did not house guitars. My poor sainted Wife hadn't yet learned to Just Not Bother getting me anything, but she should have been getting to recognize That Look. Mothers have That Look, but the purpose is to let the children understand she means Business. I have no filters but also don't want to hurt anybody, so when I opened the box and beheld a chair, I developed that look. Readers know that the Unknown is the principle by which the house runs, and I clearly did not know I needed a chair. One look at The Look should have said it all. Wife got brighter over the years and there were fewer things I did not know I needed (except for the front lawn globe). Since I'm a little bit weird (really?), after I had removed the chair from the box, I got to put it together. This was the high point of the gift for me. If you think about it, one doesn't put together much furniture, unless it comes from that Scandinavian place that causes aneurysms from simply trying. You  have to figure it can be done, because it's sitting there in the showroom, all assembled-like, and you can even sit on it without it shooting bolts at your spouse, like a 357 magnum (do ya feel lucky, punk?). But after it comes home and someone draws the small straw and has to attempt assembly, things go downhill rapidly. Just as the instructions are opened, it is advised to call an ambulance. Normally ambulances do not stand by, waiting for an injury, but if you say "Ikea," they'll wait up to 30 minutes, free of charge. The president floated a trial balloon with Congress, to charge Ikea's parent company, Swedish Meatballs Inc, for all the injuries and use that money to open mental heath centers throughout the country. They would be called the Ikea Happy Place, so Ikea could feel better about appearing to be doing something. This was a great idea, but like most of them, did not work out well. Ikea refused compensation, but Biden is spending $25 billion on Happy Places and Ikea still gets their name in front. 

The chair is a unique shade of brown. And when I say unique, I mean it in the sense that Mrs. Hitler referred to her son as a unique boy. When you think brown, you think chocolate. Or at least I do. But this unique color doesn't bring to mind any variety of chocolate. In fact, it can best be characterized  as Rust. The funny part is that when the dog sits on it, sometimes she blends in. Because we try to coordinate our furniture with our dog.  It was soooo easy with black dogs. But this one had to be red. Anyway, the chair sat there, largely being a chair, which was as good as we figured it was going to be.  In fact, it sat right next to the sofa. The Life-Sucking Sofa. No matter what your mood, if you sit on the sofa, everything will flow out of you, possibly including your will to live.  Even after you consumed your morning allotment of 13 cups of coffee. One day I got tired of having the life sucked out of me (in a bad way) and tried out the chair. It was not a $2,345 Large-O-Lounger, but it reclined. It held me up and off its frame. It did not suck so much as an ounce of my soul. I started sitting in frequently, which made my soul happy, not having to regenerate every day. It got to the point where it was 'my chair.' This was frightening, because I am way too young to have a chair, or any piece of furniture, including car seats or wire reels. Nonetheless I sat there. The dog was bothered she couldn't sit next to me, so she took to FLYING to get to my lap. I don't know how many of you have ever been working and seen a dog fly over your laptop, right at you. It took a while to get used to Flying Cockers! I noticed after a while that little things were going wrong with the chair. The back was compressing, so I grabbed a pillow for support. That was fine until the bottom dropped out. Well, not all at once, but I sunk like the Titanic over time. It still reclines, only when it does, anybody walking behind it BANGS into it, creating a stressful sitting experience. I sat on the couch for some reason and almost immediately needed a nap. Oops - I forgot about the Life-Sucking Couch. A new chair will be expensive, so why not get a new couch. We're just gambling that the couch is what sucks out your life, as opposed to its spot in the house (over the gateway to hell). Have I mentioned it's only the far right position of the couch that sucks life? Maybe it was a hastily partially emotionally-draining half thrown together Ikea sofa in a previous life.


10,000 dogs are registered for workplace visits at Amazon

It is widely known that dogs (pets) help lower blood pressure. But don't let Amazon fool you: the dogs are being trained to do their owners' jobs. Artificial Intelligence will be brought in first and trained to fire the workers. If that fails, Bring On The Dogs!



Wife:  Is that a screwdriver in your pocket or are you happy to see me?
Me: Both.




My friend called for help setting up Win10.
I didn't know, I swear. I have never set 10 up. 
I suspect the reason people haven't RUN AWAY from Windows is that they didn't have to set it up - it was already on their computer. We went through each item over the phone and it was the most painful setup I have ever been through. Mind you. it was already installed - just not set up. You HAD TO have a Microsoft account.  There is no other operating system that requires this. It becomes clear they want to send you stuff. They want all sorts of your info to 'personalize your experience'. They want to sell you more of their alleged software. They want personal details - c'mon, it'll be fun! They want you on their mail system.  They want all your info because they're going to send you ADS. There is no other operating system that sends you ads.

Up to this point, you owned your operating system. Now it owns you and you rent it. It sends data to MS, the NSA, advertisers, and whomever else, even if you turn telemetry off. It's the all-powerful oracle that sits over in the corner, doing whatever it wants. It will eventually force you to go to Win11. If your current hardware is not sufficient to run the latest Bloat OS, it will put a watermark on your desktop; a permanent notice. You will have to wear the scarlet letters (MS) until you upgrade. 

I am stunned that the world just sits there and runs this monstrosity. There are 2 other operating systems with large userbases, that you would be fine with. One expensive, with its own hardware; one free, which will run on almost anything. Do not feed Microsoft and be dictated to by your own operating system.


This Blowjob-Powered Dildo Keyboard Is Perfect If Your Job Sucks Dick

If you're fond of clicking on links, click this one when you're by yourself, not on a work computer, and there are no children within a 5 mile radius. On the bright side, it looks like your Significant Other will appreciate your new 'typing' skills.

This one deserves a Google warning.


‘Mommy brain’ doesn’t capture how the brain transforms during pregnancy

It has been discovered that the brain actually shrinks while its owner is pregnant.

Also when assuming political office, and around election time.

 

Twitter, owned by a strange, rich fellow called Musk, has laid off another 200 employees, in an attempt to provide worse service than ever before. Faceyspaces administrators were heard to say, "Wow, they're even worse than us!"


US says Google routinely destroyed evidence and lied about use of auto-delete

The CIA is apoplectic, and was heard to say, "F- you - that's our job."



Drag shows are next on hitlist for US state that is heading back to dark ages

Yes, the great, evolved state of Tennessee wants to ban drag shows AND healthcare for trans youth. These people are monsters. They're hard at work on legislation. I hope it won't pass or hold up in court. It looks like a variation of laws to keep adult businesses out.

I want to say to my LGBTQ+ brothers and sisters that there is no greater friend to them than libertarians. Not because we necessarily agree on their lifestyle, but because the government should have no say in it; only the people living it. So long as it hurts nobody, and a drag show certainly doesn't hurt anybody (unless they fall off their high heels). Nobody is forcing anybody to go into any club. Denying healthcare is another matter. It's criminal and immoral. This from people who claim to be religious.....

The republicans are going (more) batty. introducing all sorts of what the dems would call 'hate' laws. Neither of them is worth their weight in cow chips.


This Hacker Hoodie Uses Surveillance Camera Parts to Blind Surveillance Cameras

Blinds them with their own tech. You can make it and the software is open source. We need to take back our privacy. The engineer also produced a hat that does the same thing.  



Wisdom
  • The only problem with leaving and going someplace else is that you take yourself with you.
    -- Ester (Abraham and Jerry), Abraham-Hicks Publications



I love my boss, but we don't live in the same worlds (universes). I made reference to Frank Zappa's song Montana (I might be movin to Montana soon) and Boss asked if I was really moving. Still, it's light years better than the Twilight Zone, with a pond that had plastic ducks, and a ladies' fashion show that had men in it. One was teaching the women how to walk in heels.








No comments:

Post a Comment