Friday, March 17, 2023

Zircon Encrusted Sneakers


Your love is like  peanut butter broccoli


Doctor: removed a cancerous lesion from Biden’s chest

ThermionicEmissions wishes the best of health for the president.
And hopes that he can campaign without a head.



Today I identify as  certainly not a dead rock star, that's for sure.



NASA finds crashing spacecraft into asteroids is a viable defence strategy

If all else fails, shoot it, bomb it, or throw a spacecraft at it.


  • I've had it with YouTube. I might have been the last person on the planet to use it more than once a month. It is so chock full of crap, and this is before the video even starts. Every time, the same crap I have to click through. YouTube, I am just Not Interested in all this garbage, just to see a video. I'm fully aware that nothing's free, but things keep adding up. Cable tv wasn't supposed to have commercials either, which lasted about a week. Don't go down that road (yeah, right). People are coming up with browser extensions to bypass some of the aggravation. People are also going elsewhere in droves, both because of this and your draconian censorship.
  • I notice that nothing on the front page ever appeals to me. I guess I'm way out of your target demographic (which appears to be 12-15, female).


I complain a lot about the weather, with great justification.
To be fair, I want to accentuate the positive: it has been sunny for 2 days!
Also to be fair: that's our entire allotment for the month.




Remember Havana Syndrome? Where people in our embassies were getting headaches, brain injuries, hearing loss, and the voices stopped talking to them. US Intelligence (oxymoron alert!) studied 1,000 anomalous health incidents (AHI, because the government cannot do anything without an abbreviation). People suspected some sort of beam weapon.  
Of the seven intelligence agencies that undertook the investigation, five determined that "available intelligence consistently points against the involvement of US adversaries in causing the reported incidents," according to an unclassified version of the report released Wednesday by the House intelligence committee. Those five agencies deemed foreign adversary involvement "very unlikely." One considered it "unlikely" and one declined to state a conclusion. 
They literally have no idea. But they know it wasn't a weapon. Or terrorism. Or aliens - that's for sure.

probably the result of factors that did not involve a foreign adversary, such as preexisting conditions, conventional illnesses, and environmental factors," the report reads

Keeping in mind that neither you nor I was there or conducted any kind of study, the reasons stated above are the same ridiculous answers provided about UFO/UAPs. I have 1 question: do you mean to tell me that everyone at all of the affected embassies had pre-existing conditions, or conventional illnesses, or it was an environmental factor at every one? Do we look that stupid? 

I withdraw my last question, Your Honor.



The PineTab2 comes out this April, starting at $159. Pine is a very interesting company, putting out products that are all designed by amateurs and run on open source software (usually linux). The Tab follows the PinePhone (designed for security too), and PineBook Pro is $219. There's even a PineWatch and soldering iron. I'm confused about the soldering iron... I've used one for years and years, and see no gain to this one (digitally temperature controlled). I like the concept of the phones; they're not $1,200 and tied to Google or Apple. The laptops are quite appealing. Note that they use SD cards for memory - you're not going to get a 2TB hard drive in one. They run on many different varieties of linux (sorry, no Windows). For $199 or more, they're fully functional and worth a look. The people who have them are very happy with them. The whole thing becomes a community effort. 

I'd highly recommend taking a look at the Pine Store. I was all set to get the phone, but want something with more horsepower to replace my existing phone. I suspect the addons aren't mature at this point, while the PineBook Pro is all sorted out. There are forums for all products and everybody is cooperative and verbal. The only caution is to look further than the price on all items, in case there's something that doesn't work for you or is immature. I'll probably wind up with a Pinebook Pro (my only issue is that it doesn't have a 17" display), which can't screw up more than my existing laptop, from System76 (see System76 page). They're light years apart in just about every specification. At $219, they're a great deal. And if you can use Windows, you can use linux. A start button is a start button, regardless. Same with a program menu, and Ctrl-P for print. You'll recognize all the office apps, that use mostly the same keys and functions. You can even use the PineBook to learn linux, without disturbing your Windows machine.



Rare Jurassic-era bug found at Arkansas Walmart

It hasn't been seen since the 1950s and was presumed extinct.
It was earning $1.50 an hour at Walmart, working in janitorial services. Walmart explained that the minimum wage 1,000 years ago was $0.0325/week, so $1.50 is adjusted for time and inflation. The bug  works 80 hours per week, which should give you some idea why we thought they were extinct.



Election 2024

Everybody is gearing up for the next presidential election. We checked in with each candidate:
  • Donald Trump: Everybody loves me and is waiting for me to come back
  • Joe Biden: 2023 will be my year, I'll be VP again!
  • DeSantis: I haven't said anything about running, but most of what I say pisses people off
  • Steve Laffey (R): Who? 
  • Nikki Haley (R): I am the only chick and women have to vote for women (unless they're libertarians, like last election) My platform is poking Trump.
  • Vivek Ramaswamy (R): I'm just here to see if people can pronounce Ramaswamy. I have as much chance as a black Jewish lesbian communist midget with The Flying AIDS
  • Marianne Williamson (D): I endorsed Bernie Sanders, what else do you need to know? 
  • The Democrats: We won by running 22 questionable candidates against Trump. Why mess with a winning formula? 
  • The Republicans (R): Gawd help us.
  • The Libertarians: We have a lot of infighting to do before we pick a candidate. We have to pay $15 million and get 25 billion signatures to qualify.

The PEN
Don't forget about The Green Pen. It's a longshot, but the Pen is the way to go. It won't be politics as usual. There will be no red ink. The Green Pen has no gender, except in Spanish, so that's off the table for fighting. This will also get the SJW vote... The Green Pen is whatever gender you like. In fact, it could be transgender too. It needs a much smaller Secret Service detail, and can be hidden in someone's pocket in an emergency. It will reduce the debt. The only price rise will be green pens, which will go through the roof, especially on Ebay. WOW! LOOK! VINTAGE GREEN PEN LOOK! WOW! Serious bidders only!

The Pen has had its memory, cognition, and ink level tested and performed in the 95th percentile. Although its age is indeterminate, best guesses are below 5, but that's old for a pen. It has a higher IQ than the rest of the pack combined. In a candid moment, The Pen quipped that this is not a difficult task.
Here is some of The Pen's platform:
  • tax breaks for the left handed
  • reparations for the left handed
  • close the IRS and send them home (to Satan)
  • close Congress until they pass remedial courses in the Constitution and law
  • institute Left Handed History Month
  • fire the Pentagon leaders who believe UFOs are evil and satanic
  • have Biden and Congress(es) pay back their contribution to the debt
  • let's face it - The Green Pen certainly couldn't be any worse
I think The Green Pen makes sense. You?


Conversations with my Dog 

Me: Hi

Her: I'm so happy to see you.

Me: You're always happy to see me - it's part of your charm.

Her: I'm still happy to see you. Got any tuna?

Me: I noticed that when we go to take a picture of you, you turn away at the last moment. Then when I walk, you walk in front of me, as if you were herding me. Why do you do this?

Her: I'm part cat.

Me: I see.



Frogmore Cottage: Harry and Meghan 'requested to vacate' property

Yes, those wacky royals are at it again, this time throwing their own child and his wife out of a residence. Harry and Meghan are sad and poor, with only 4 other residences in England, 3 in the US, and a few more in countries we can't spell or pronounce. The 'request' was particularly distressing, as it was addressed to Harry and the Black Girl. For her part, the Black Girl said that Frogmore was a particularly silly name and she was taking lessons to learn to talk all posh and wear much bigger hats. At the last few parties her hats were but 3' across and she was laughed out of the room by English ladies, some wearing entire horses on their heads. Meghan is the first instance of a woman embarrassed by it being too small.

I will be shot, dismembered, disowned, buried, then given a serious talking-to by my UK readers, but Meghan is the sexiest woman in the entire family.


I don't know how we came across some new dishes, but it's my house, so I don't know a lot of things. They look nice. They're not microwave-safe.... how weird are microwave-forbidden new dishes? To the best of my knowledge, microwaves have been around for a while, like cell phones, and should have this whole exercise down by now. Neither does.

But that's by far not the strangest thing about the dishes. I don't know by what process they were made, but they have a non-stick coating. And when I say non-stick, I mean whatever you put on them goes flying off the other end. I've had more than my fair share of Flying Pizza. Flying Pizza is nowhere near as bad as baked beans, which becomes an unwelcome designer for your clothes. The particularly nasty thing about Flying Pizza is that my pizza is a bacon pizza, and the bacon falls off. How sad is this?

In the words of Monty Python:
Every sperm is sacred
Every sperm is great
If a sperm gets wasted
God gets quite irate.

Replace sperm with bacon and it all becomes clear.

Don't forget to register to vote.




The Republican Rampage
What have they done this time? 


Florida bill would make bloggers who write about governor register with state

Sure enough, Ron DeSantis, pissing off more people and proving he has not a clue about Freedom of Speech. To hear this drivel from the mouth of a governor is just sad. It amounts to "HEY, he said bad words about me, Mooooooommm, make him stop."  The Planet of California elected Nancy Pelosi and Gavin Newsom repeatedly. The people of Florida have this disappointment. His penis must be incredibly small.











No comments:

Post a Comment