Saturday, September 9, 2023

Please Tell Me You Didn't Get THAT Caught in THERE


Your love is like  hammering your hands to the desk



Conversations with my dog 

Me: I'm getting tired of tripping over your toys. Can't you put them back when you're done with them?

Her: You are my parents, my only role models. I repeat what I see.

Me: I see you're a smartass too.

Her: And where do you think I got that from?



My group at work communicates over Teams. I don't like it, but I go with the flow. I just sent a note that one of our appliances is very slow. What was the response? The boss gave me a thumbs up. Now I suppose I'm supposed to feel better about the appliance being slow. Back before Teams, someone looked at the appliance and fixed it. Now we have emojis.  Such progress.



The Trinnacle: Hikers warned over dangerous selfies at beauty spot

Once again, Darwin works with the selfie crowd 


India set to launch Sun-spotting satellite on Saturday

I want to build one of these. Actually I want the money to build one of these. I can spot the sun fairly accurately, even through the omnipresent cloud cover.


  • Speaking of India, Russia is trying to establish ties. They want to ask India if their Moon lander can give a jump start to the failed Russian lander.

'Not Close to Being Done': How Cops Are Handling 5 Million Bees on the Loose

Very carefully.


I mentioned finding the tartar sauce in the bathroom recently.
Last night, getting in bed, I was handed a bottle of horseradish mustard.
Of course I was.
No, there was no desire to 'spice up' our activities. In fact, no one thought it strange. Except me.

There are so many things that could go wrong, that tartar sauce and mustard in places they don't belong are merely amusing. And great blog fodder.



Five rail workers killed in Italy after being hit by train

Spokesman for rail company says, "They died while doing what they loved best."
Asked about the cause of the disaster, he said, "We believe it to be some sort of communication failure."


Google Removes ‘Pirate’ URLs from Users’ Privately Saved Links

Because with Google. you don't even own your own bookmarks.


LG’s suitcase TV is as sturdy as it is bizarre /A suitcase with a built-in TV? Now I’ve seen everything.

I hear LG's profits are down. I have no idea why...

LG has some other new, innovative products:

  • an AM radio that folds up into into a dining room table
  • a phone inside a sewing machine
  • a washer/dryer for your roof

Saudi man receives death penalty for posts online, latest case in wide-ranging crackdown on dissent

I think we just discovered a way to make social media less toxic.


 





No comments:

Post a Comment