Sunday, May 28, 2023

Yes, the Aardvark Runs Things. The Aardvark and the Dog


Your love is like  candy-coated anthrax


90,000 old BMWs too dangerous to drive due to airbag recall, maker says

BMW also discovered 350,000 older models have broken turn signals. BMW has chosen not to recall the cars because BMW owners don't use them anyway.


Today I identify as  the guy who is going to order the FBI to locate Dianne Feinstein. And her tax returns for the last 40 years.


NFFL.
The National Fantasy Football League.
I suppose it was inevitable, like fur on a monkeywrench.
It's probably been around for a long time - I'm well-insulated (read: ignore most things).

I remember discovering Fantasy Football [wayback music]. The musical comedy group was performing in yet another dingy bar, which thought it would be hip to have Comedy Night. This was a common infection in the 1990s. While watching the other comics, we noticed they weren't getting much traction (the audience wasn't paying attention). We fared a little better, but not much. Some well-meaning waitress explained it was Fantasy Football night.

HUH? 

Fantasy Football.

Huh? 

Jeez, I must've looked like one of their customers. Taking it on faith, I wondered why they would hold Fantasy Football night on the same night they're paying a lot of money for Comedy Night. It was then I saw the sign. I only saw the top half til then... it said 

FANTASY FOOTBALL TONIGHT!!
$5 beer night
Live bait $2
also
COMEDY NIGHT - COME ON IN AND IGNORE YOUR FAVORITE LOCAL COMEDIANS FROM THE AREA. And they're local.

And that's how I learned about Fantasy Football. I remain incredulous after all these years. Sure, when we were in school, we put together Ultimate Bands, from our favorite musicians. This show lasted all of 5 minutes, then we graduated 5th grade. 

Oh wait - now there's a National Fantasy Basketball League. I wonder if they're going to bring Fauci back to explain the spread of this.....



Giraffes, despite a relatively small brain, can handle statistics

Good, I need to hire one to balance my checkbook.
It's not just me, though. Google gave the giraffes some AI and hired 100 of them as managers and at C-level positions. Only 30% passed diversity training. How's that for stats?


Ransomware gang hijacks university alert system to issue threats

Libertarians hijack White House p.a. system to issue debt reminders

 
The Linux Foundation, the nonprofit organization enabling mass innovation through open source, previously announced the launch of the Software Developer Diversity and Inclusion (SDDI) project at Open Source Summit. SDDI explores, evaluates, and promotes best practices from research and industry to increase diversity and inclusion in software engineering.

You know the 400' dinosaur has crunched the organization when there is a high-level position with the word 'diversity' in it. Thusly it applies to projects and 'inclusion'. GTFO. I dunno about you, but I'd hire the best person for the job; a killer programmer or whatever else I needed. I do not hire for gender, dancing ability, nose hair, or man buns. This stuff is a giant waste of time, that could better be spent on looking for the Best. My own people are virtue-signalling. And whining.


AI News

White House Pushes Tech C.E.O.s to Limit Risks of A.I.
 
“We must regulate AI,” FTC Chair Khan says

White House: Big Tech bosses told to protect public from AI risks

OpenAI’s regulatory troubles are only just beginning

 "We might not know what AI is, but we need to be involved." or "Legislators gonna legislate"

Yes, legislation, the first act of government. Whether it needs legislation or not. Whether it's the government's business or not (not).

We're already protected by the owners from it insulting anybody. Now the government needs its paws in the mix. STOP PROTECTING ME. After 9-11 we had Security Theater. Now it's AI Theater.


Worldwide, plastics recycling is 9%. In the US, it's 5%.

Once again, we lead the world.


Don't forget: among 17 other days and months of recognition, it's Mental Health Awareness Month.

Of course, every day is mental health day at ThermionicMansion.



It was another Fun Laptop Day.
Laptop #1 half-booted, with an error I've never seen before.
Laptop #2 is working, for some unknown reason.
Oops, perhaps I was too quick with that proclamation. The keyboard isn't working.
I know - I'll plug an external keyboard in.
Annnnnnd nothing. No workie.
I know - I'll plug a second external keyboard in.
Annnnnnd nothing. No workie.
I know - I'll change USB ports.
Annnnnnd nothing. No workie.
I'll reboot. Maybe it's confused.
Oops, it won't start now.
Hey, the power cord detached itself from the power supply. That would explain some things.
However, nothing will explain why Laptop #2's keyboard still isn't working. I plugged in an external keyboard, just like last time. Except this time it worked.
I seem to have an 'effect' on electronics. Sometimes being Satan has its disadvantages.

And then the werk computer:
Microsoft: There is an update to Office. Click the button.
Click
We need to close some programs.
Ok
['updates']
We cannot open Office because we are updating it.
--> just shoot me.

If I were half as smart as I thought I was, I would have taken the whole day off and slept late.



Flying AIDS Surprises in the News

Lockdowns only reduced COVID-19 death rate by .2%, study finds: 'Lockdowns should be rejected out of hand'

Coronavirus News Articles

TikTok: Chinese “Trojan Horse” Is Run by State Department Officials

Rochelle Walensky has resigned as the director of the CDC, the same day the World Health Organization announced that COVID-19 is no longer a global emergency  [There are no coincidences}

Australian government is hit with class action lawsuit over Covid vaccines

COVID-19 vaccine claims yield small payouts from U.S. government

3 prominent economists slam COVID lockdowns and school closures and say they should never happen again



Why I won't be watching the King's Coronation

Yes, this was an actual article. Hopefully in a British paper.
Some of the comments were..... odd. Some of my suggestions are... odd.
  1. We should be allowed to vote for King and Queen.
  2. I'm American. Do I look like I care?
  3. C'mon - they're all lizard people
  4. I'm allergic to horses. Horses and pointless pageantry.
  5. I'm sorry, but his ears are just too large
  6. the cat told me not to
  7. I don't have a hat big enough. Those women wear entire cars on their heads.
  8. Colonial imperialism, racism, antisemitism, ageism, and silly accents.
  9. Spam Spam Spam Spam
  10. Well, I mean... Hugh Grant, yeah?
Now, for the $10,000 prize, answer this question: in which war were the dentists expelled from England?




missed 60 out of 80+ votes and no one has seen her


No comments:

Post a Comment