Thursday, June 17, 2021

Google is Not a Verb, Duckduckgo is Clumsy

 Your love is like ballet

 

They did it again. THEY HIT MY FUCKING CAR. Again. My almost new car that someone scratched a few weeks ago. This time there's serious body damage. 25 mph. No one hurt. Go ahead and tell me there's nothing personal.


Because I like the music I like, I tend to miss lots of other music. It's getting worse, because most music out today is garbage. A local venue likes to be helpful by sending me emails of which artists are coming. Today's installment is Trippie Redd. At the risk of being horribly mistaken, just the name Trippie Redd sounds like something I should avoid. It sounds like some sort of disease. Got Trippie Redd? Get Redout. Do not take Redout if you are allergic to Redout. Can cause death if you swallow the whole bottle. Do not use without the express written consent of the NFL. Do not tear tag off mattress.  


  • a Sydney, Australia man had WELCOME TO PERTH painted on his roof. People flying into Sydney see the sign as they're landing and go into cardiac malfunction. Sydney is 3290km (4537 grams) from Perth
  • this man should be nominated for a Nobel Prize


Today I identify as that pill on the table. the one you were supposed to take 6 hours ago or you'd turn into Richard Simmons.


A former NSA intelligence(?) contractor has been sprung from prison for 'exemplary' behavior. The lady blew the whistle on Russian interference in the 2016 White House race and naturally wound up in the Big House. She is being transferred to a halfway house, where she can only blow the whistle on local and state corruption.


  • After three decades, Coq, a theorem-proving programming language developed by researchers in France, is being fitted for a new name because it has become impossible to ignore that it sounds like


G7 nations call out Russia for harbouring ransomware crims ahead of Biden-Putin powwow
Putin - arrest your hackers! 
The G7 is very mad at you


  • MENSA experienced a serious data loss.
  • they couldn't get into the building
  • you need not know someone belongs to MENSA or is a vegan: within the first 5 seconds of meeting them, they'll tell you

Microsoft's LinkedIn is pissed at hiQ Labs for scraping personal data from its website.
In their suit, they claim that if anybody is going to steal personal information, it will be them  


  • Don't go to Ireland. The police were just given powers to compel you to give up your password for electronic devices. 
  • This is a very bad thing, for obvious reasons.


Flying AIDS news

Plexiglass Is Everywhere, With No Proof It Keeps Covid at Bay
Virus theater

Another life-saving Covid treatment found

Experts “extremely worried” about Delta variant as US death toll hits 600,000
quick - rid the stores of bread and milk!


Marko Arnautovic: Uefa suspend Austria forward for insulting North Macedonia player
the insult attacked after a goal. While most on the sidelines were spared, the team was devastated and has canceled the rest of their season to recuperate.

  • Spanish man jailed for killing and eating his mother
  • at least he strangled her before he ate her
  • fed some to dog, whose trial date hasn't been set yet



Rasomware/malware... no big deal... it's into medical services and pipelines. And a nuclear weapons contractor.


Airlines report 3,000 unruly passengers this year. This is the highest total since statistics started. Most were for not wearing masks...

I'd like a ticket to California, please
First class or economy?
Economy
Behaved or unruly?
Could I get an unruly in first class?
No, I'm sorry, first class is for behaved only
Ok, economy
Will this be masked, drunk, arguing with over 5 passengers, trying to open the plane's door, or storming the cockpit and having to be ziptied?
Ooh, ziptied sounds good
I have to inform you that there is a security deposit on zipties, of $10 each, which will be charged up front. If you wind up failing to be ziptied, you can fill out our refund form, if you can find it, and one of our surly and incompetent employees will take care of you.


  • Snapple - now in plastic bottle! - is still decent, but not quite glass bottle


I am not a metrosexual or whatever they've morphed into these days.
People who know me laugh at the concept of me doing anything more than showering
But I'm using Wife's cosmetic stuff.
While it works, I don't feel (or want to feel) feminine.
Plus the stuff is expensive 

There's this hard/lumpy stuff she calls dermabrasion, which means "scrape all the skin off your face"
You can't abrade your face without moisturizing (you idiot).
so now my face doesn't snow on my shirt 
But wait!!!!
I have a big red bag under my eye. One eye. Sometimes. For a very serious reason (that's a secret from me).
WHOOSH, here's the Bag Obliterator. Or something. In pen form. But one must find the single-eye bag obliterator or it just won't work. One must also enlist the aid of another adult to apply it, or you might just as well stab yourself in the eye and get it over with.
now my eye doesn't look so baggy. until next time. 

I'm Cosmetic lefty now.
This stuff costs more than a guitar per year.
It's always nice to have knowledge of things to discuss with people. I could have left this somewhere. There is simply no need to talk to people about cosmetics. Even though I'm doing it with you now.
I draw the line at makeup.

  • Oh Honey, I know exactly what you're talking about. I'm a mess if I don't dermabrade and moisturize after my shower
  • I find the Olay moisturizer far superior to the others
  • hyaluronic acid is marketing nonsense

now I need a lisp and some clothing knowledge.
Maybe not.


a large musical instrument retailer suggests for fathers day:
a watch with a metronome and tuner for $180
a pair of powered speakers w 6" woofer for $300

This small powered studio speaker thing is interesting.
Way back before Taylor was Swift, studios had a set of good JBL non-powered speakers with a 12" woofer (4311/4312). Now you rely on an internal power amp and a 6" woofer.
Things sure has changed. From the way it looks, not for the better.

When we finished a song, it went to cassette or cd; no compression, like MP3 or AAC. It got played on large stereo systems. Now it gets compressed and played through computer speakers.

I'm not bitching, just laying down facts.

They also have these tiny keyboards/MIDI controllers for almost nothing. I want to leap up and buy one. Then I remember I can't play piano. There's always a problem....





Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble


No comments:

Post a Comment