Saturday, August 28, 2021

Make Fudge, Not War

 Your love is like   chewing cactus


In guitar news, I put together a bunch of pedals, got them powered up, and made noises through them. This is in the living room - my real pedalboard is in the guitar room. I hope to eventually take over the living room, but the weed wackers, dog toys, and the display of 1970s muscle cars will make it very difficult.

Today in Olympic News:  some country beat some other country in something, maybe chess


  • GM recalls every Chevy Bolt ever made, blames LG for faulty batteries
  • jealous that only Teslas spontaneously combust

In Soccer Football news, a rock concert broke out at the Nice v Marseille game, when a 'fan' threw a bottle onto the pitch and struck Dimitri Payet. Payet sent the bottle back, prompting the fans to storm the pitch. There were no encores.


Today I identify as  Albert Einstein's brain (post slivering and study)


  • This is killing me. Mrs. lefty is watching Cleopatra.
  • I kept getting yelled at for saying "We-weese Wodger" and "Biggus Dickus".

What I learned:

  • they had an Octavia, like Jimi Hendrix
  • the movie is like 9 hours long
  • Caesar had a homie called Brutay
  • Elizabeth Taylor had mondo mammalian protuberances, which were on partial display
  • I am a cultural Philistine  (that's not exactly new)

Hey, you know the brouhaha over Apple scanning your photos for child abuse images?
Apple already scans your mail, and has done so since 2019
Inexcusable. Let Apple know how you feel. And get rid of it.
Get yourself a free, encrypted email account at protonmail


  • So you work at Evin, an Iranian prison, and you discover, with panic, that your system has been hacked....
  • So videos of torturing the inmates has been released... what do you do?
  • if you are Mohammad Mehdi Hajmohammadi, the head of Iran's prison system, you take responsibility. And deny that any of that happened. Obviously the guard repeatedly fell on the inmate's face. With a baton. Or maybe his fists. The inmate repeatedly banged his head on the cell bars. Iran would never Guantanamo their own dogs people.


38 million records exposed online—including contact-tracing info
Misconfigured Power Apps from Microsoft led to exposure.
Yay!


  • A police drone struck and damaged a Cessna aircraft at Toronto Buttonville Municipal Airport earlier this month.
  • this is what happens when you can't own guns and your PM wears a dress and it takes almost a month to report an incident



Keith Moon: The Final 24
I love this guy. He's a 5 year old with drums and drugs. No telling what he would get up to. Naturally he was deeply unhappy.

Speaking of ZZ Top, I've thought about it and I'm not happy with the band going forward, as named, with a different bassist. I felt the same way when ACDC went on without Brian Johnson, in the middle of a tour. They have precious few original members left, largely Angus Young.



Love Means Never Having to Say Anything Nice

Her: Uhhh...  can I tell you something?
Me: Why not?
Her: You look like shit. I don't mean that in a nasty way. You are gray.
Me: Um,,,... ok.. thank you?


Be careful what you ask

I have a Keith Moon documentary on the last 24 hours of his like
Do you mean we have to watch him die? 
I'll just watch it myself, thanks.

Kamala Harris, culturally positive Vice President, was set to go to Vietnam, but the flight got held back, in what is said to be Havana Syndrome (but announced as an 'anomalous health incident). This is where people working in the US Embassy in Cuba started developing symptoms including headaches and nausea. Two Hanoi workers were medevacked out of the country. The vice president is not affected, preferring to be the one who causes headaches and nausea.


  • Two people on an Alaska Air jet were taken to the hospital after a cellphone sparked and caught fire. One person owned the phone, the other worked for Tesla, who wanted the explosive cellphone technology for their explosive cars.


An Oregon hospital has a plate-smashing booth for overstressed employees.

How about a boss-smashing booth?  


  • Her: You probably want what all men want - a threesome
  • Him: are you kidding me? I have enough trouble keeping track of two breasts, no less two women


Windows and I have a reciprocal thing going: I hate it, it hates me.

I thought we could acquire and maintain a peaceful working relationship, but sometimes I find myself a little too positive, or maybe hopeful beyond hope (no, really, me). Sometimes I need to be reminded I ask a lot out of an operating system (to work). 

So I do what every Windows user does: try turning it off and back on again. Even this has become an exercise in futility. I try to allow 15 minutes for a 1 minute work logon. Lately I find this is too pessimistic. Logon...error. Reboot...wait 5 minutes... error. Shut all the way down, turn on.. nothing. It would be much easier to just keep the machine over in a corner to pretend I use it, then use my personal (linux) machine to do my work. I wonder if it works any better if I move it closer to my personal machine.

A statistic we really don't want to see is how many Windows-related suicides (and homicides) there are. There should be a warning on the main screen: WARNING - do not use Windows if you have any type of depression. Death (or worse) may occur. Also applies to bad temper or a bad day in general. Windows can make a mildly bad day worse. Not recommended in pregnant women, non-pregnant women, or women in general. Do not use Windows while driving, eating, walking, or using your computer. Using Windows on the phone is not recommended because it may transfer the aggravation to the other person on the phone. Do not use Windows near your pets, because you love them, right? Windows may cause erectile dysfunction in men, women, and vacuum cleaners. Do not use Windows if you are pregnant, know someone who is pregnant, are thinking about becoming pregnant, or just like sex. 

Windows: it's not an operating system - it's a virus


GOOD NEWS 

OnlyFans has retracted its upcoming ban on nudity.

I'm not a subscriber, but I'm for freedom in every circumstance. Plus this will allow people to continue earning a living in this time of the Flying AIDS. Remember: no one is forcing anybody to pay to view the videos.

Speaking of the Flying AIDS....



Gen. James Dickinson, commander of U.S. Space Command, said that the warfighting force he leads has reached Initial Operational Capability and will need to double the size of its headquarters staff to achieve full operational capability. It also needs a permanent headquarters. Space News reports

If I read this correctly, a branch of the military wants more money. 

Who saw that coming?








No comments:

Post a Comment