Saturday, October 10, 2020

Silicon City: San Fran - Silicone City: L.A.



If you have a dog, strike up the marching band and march to Dunkin. They have xmas ornaments for us bipeds, and dog toys for our quadrupeds. Penny got a cup of coffee and our cousin got a box of donuts. Penny likes real coffee, as did all the rest of them. It was well known in the family that if you put your cup on the ground, that was the dog's territory and you lost it before you knew it.



Your love is like  gonorrhea



  • This rare bird is male on one side and female on the other
  • the rose-breasted grosbeak degeneris 




Russian interference in the election continues: many people on social media are blaming the Russians for interfering.




  • Ebay would like me to know that the item I won, which was going to take a week to arrive, will only take 3 days to arrive. From one state over.



Today I identify as  one of those things you put your soda can in to keep it cool




Some of the weirdest moments are when the serious Christians and lefty agree on something. By serious, I mean the very singleminded, devout ministry people who preach all over shortwave radio and are now talking about End Times. I heard they refer to 666 as 'the chip', putting numbers on your forehead.

666 just went online and according to these Christians, it's End Times.
I don't believe in End Times, but The Chip should be ringing everybody's alarm bells.
10 years ago, a scientist came across a technology that is so huge, DARPA immediately snatched it up: a Chip, that, when implanted, rewrites DNA, via mRNA. Read the article and decide for yourself.



  • Security flaw left ‘smart’ chastity sex toy users at risk of permanent lock-in
  • flaw or feature? 



Dear lefty

  • The country is in a sorry state, with husband divorcing wife and people divorcing families over the election. What's your solution?
  • divorce, although worth it, costs too much and takes too long. Give em guns 




Hellos

John Mellencamp
Kevin Godley - 10cc
Kevin Cronin - REO Speedwagon
David Hidalgo - Los Lobos (La Bamba)


Goodbyes

Eddie Van Halen
Johnny Rivers - "I can see clearly now"
Ginger Baker - Cream
Terry Lavitz - T. Lavitz, Dixie Dregs, Frogwings




When BLM started trashing their own neighborhoods and setting things on fire, I said we never see Jews rioting and setting their Mercedes on fire. I stand corrected...  The New York City Orthodox community had a wild protest over new Flying AIDS restrictions by Idiot Governor Cuomo. In certain places, houses of worship were limited to 10 people. The protesters were so incensed, they lit a fire, which the fire department had to come put out. Estimates say they caused over $5.95 in damages to the public trash bin on the corner. Jewish Lives Matter. NYPD called in SWAT, which deployed LRADs, tear gas, pork chops, and a busload of black people from the next town over, to shake their heads and say, "You call that rioting?"

Fun Fact: Louis Farakhan, 5x voted America's Favorite Antisemite, lives or lived in a wealthy Jewish neighborhood in New Jersey.



So it's Home Office Meeting Time again.  How do I know?
The droning of the power tools from across the street, the leaf blower next door, and the air raid siren for the fire department. Within 12 seconds, the mass transit train noise will start. You can feel it from miles away.

Along these lines, we continue to be bedeviled by our new wireless phone. The features we really looked forward to were that it would speak the caller's name and block numbers. The features worked, and by worked, I mean there was damn near a 25% overall success rate.  Blocking fails, period. It speaks the callers out with a 100% success rate, but the intelligibility is very close to 3%. Our only chance for success here is to be able to understand a syllable or 2 from the voice. We haven't found the speaking choices, but I believe the unit is stuck on a localized slang version of a Swahili-American hybrid, combined with what I believe to be a dead ancient southwest Mediterranean dialect. There's also a tinge of Spanish, discernible as the machine gun staccato speed of the words.

The unit also features a very neat function that wasn't even mentioned: it can throw its ring. No matter where we are, when it rings, we cannot tell where the ring is coming from. This includes when we don't know where the physical handsets are. The fact that we don't understand the announcements does not mean it isn't mocking me when it speaks.


And while we're on audio nuisances, I'm starting to get really angry about my phone ringing. You don't want to know what happens when I get really angry. Last time I scared Iqbal, my service elephant. Do you know how difficult it is to scare a service elephant?

My phone rings about 5 times a week: it's that way on purpose, so I don't get really angry. Lately it rings 10 times a day. And it's never a useful call. It's entirely spam because not a single one leaves a message. Most don't show up on public spam lists and a bunch are from certain exchanges. This is in addition to the democrats texting me unsolicited. I never thought I'd have to go to a system where the phone only rings if it's in my contacts, but it's rapidly heading there. One of the carriers used to offer a service that required all calls to input a code or go directly to voicemail, but that's not offered by anybody anymore. This would have the added benefit of making other people really angry, thus keeping my calls to a minimum again.

Iqbal says hello.



  • I recently discovered I am middle class. It came as a bit of a shock, as people always tell me I'm low class.



Eddie Van Halen misc

I checked in with my local expert on cancer....
The spread of Eddie's cancer should not and normally would not go unnoticed. After an outbreak, there are tests to look for this, which will detect a spread. I have had 2 dogs that went through this. No one can say who dropped the ball, but it might have been dropped (whether or not it was curable).

Tributes
Eddie's interview in Popular Mechanics about hacking his guitars
Valerie Bertinelli and Wolfgang Van Halen posted heart-wrenching tweets on Twitter.





No comments:

Post a Comment