Saturday, May 29, 2021

Whatever Just Happened, I Didn't See it, That's for Sure

 Your love is like  a zip tie you can't get off


I seem to be late in posting. Apologies.


Today I identify as  Area 53 - so secret, even Area 52 doesn't know about it


Neighborhood Noise 

So we know there were HUGE construction trucks, ripping up the street and making noise for fun. We know that every day, some neighbor runs a mower or a construction project, or builds a radiation-proof, 6 story down bunker. It only happens during work hours. I believe they're moving a train station next door.

Aside from being ugly, which I can't control, I try to be courteous to my neighbors, but the noise is getting to me. I think some of these people mow twice a day.  

We had to get some branches removed and I got all excited because it would be ME making all the noise for once. But nooooooo..... they were so quiet, I didn't even know they were on the job for an hour or two. Down but not out, I asked them to bring out that chipper machine. If the trees going through it didn't make enough noise, I'd 'borrow' some steel from one of the construction projects and run THAT through the chipper. Of course it never occurred to me that I could probably out-loud most noises with one of my amplifiers. I just have to figure out which noise is more grating: chipping steel or my playing.


  • Social Media is having a local fit over Steak 48 restaurant, which opened in Philly. Apparently there's a $100 minimum and strict dress code. There is absolutely no end to the whining. 
  • Don't like the minimum or dress code? Don't go. Wasn't that simple? There are restaurants all over the world with dress codes and minimums. Why is it a problem all of the sudden?

In other exciting Philly news, a Chester County gym coach faces child pr0n charges. What does he think he is - a priest? But seriously, these people are sick and there is no cure. They deserve the most serious penalty the law has to offer.

Pennsylvania will lift its breathing arrestor mandate on June 28 or when there is a 70% vaccine rate. The mandate that never should have gone into effect, Idiot Governor, along with the closings.


  • the co-founder of Black Lives Matter, Patrisse Cullors, resigned.
  • she wants you to know it has been planned for a year, and has nothing at all, NOTHING at all, to do with her four multi-million dollar houses or accusations of misusing donations

I'm getting depressed, because we're coming to the end of Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month. Work put together a poll for which minority gets next month. I have $25 on Illegal Alien History Month.

Still no Left Handed History Month.


  • a New York Times reporter who specializes in Flying AIDS coverage tweeted that it was "racist" to even talk about the Wuhan lab leak theory

speaking of NYT.....

  • U.S. Intel Sitting on Large Amount of Evidence Concerning Lab Leak Theory
If you posted this on social media last week, you'd be thrown off 


Scientists hunt for 'Patient Su' woman who could be mystery 'Covid patient zero'

The revelations come after British officials conceded this week that the possibility of a lab leak remains "plausible" - with mysterious "Patient Su" appearing to have been traced close to the Wuhan Institute




I hurt myself. No, not on purpose.
I made the mistake of sitting up in bed. Without so much as a POP, I was in pain.
I used to think you had to do something really serious to hurt your back... like lifting more than you should. I also used to think the little people in the tv stayed there when I turned it off and continued when I turned it back on.
I remember reaching up to adjust a shower head once... 2 weeks of pain.
I woke up the next morning, hit the floor, and screamed. The pain had gotten worse and it didn't seem wise to try to stand.... kinda like sitting on the couch. I walked like a 98 year old man. The third day it only hurt a lot. I was shoveling ibuprofen like caramel M&Ms. 
It's a three-day weekend, so in spite of injuries, nothing will get done. On normal two-day weekends, stuff gets done. If I have a third day, everything falls apart. It's the Principle of Additional Day Work Reduction via Confusion. 
I haven't had the heart to pick up the vacuum after last week's debacle. Simply rearranging the dirt just doesn't appeal to me. The funny thing was that it was picking up some dirt, but none of it was appearing in the dirt canister. I have a theory (uh-oh). This particular vacuum is different from all the others: it picks up the dirt, then sends it to an alternate dimension. This would be ok if it sent all the dirt, but it doesn't. It also makes me wonder about the alternate dimension. What must it be like? Is it only a dimension of vacuumed-up stuff or is it like ours? Is there a family sitting down to dinner, when a hole opens up and a ton of dust and dog hair comes through, onto their food? I guess it would be ok if they liked to eat dust and dog hair, or liked it falling on them, but this kind of thing keeps me awake at night. I'd hate to be the cause of Appearing Detritus if it was unwanted. Most of the detritus is reddish, which means it's the dog. It was easier if she were black, like all the others.  In my futile attempts to make sure the vacuum is free of clogs, I take it all apart and put the clogs in a pile. By the time I'm done, it looks like I'm building another dog. And there is still no dirt in the dirt canister. Mrs. lefty helps me with the tools... I have long screwdrivers, and one of those things they use in surgery: "Scalpel. Clamps. Wipe." It's like locking scissors but they're not long enough. They're particularly professional-looking and I hope they scare the clogs out, but no. I could do a vacuuming blog, but I suspect it would not be too popular.
Mrs. lefty keeps telling me I don't listen. Of course not, I'm a husband. 
We have a polite disagreement over the entire process of vacuuming. I feel you should turn on the vacuum and go until the dispenser is full or til you're done. I consider this position rational, unlike most of my other positions.
Mrs. lefty is of the opinion that one must (wait for it....) pre-vacuum, to get the dirt up before you vacuum. She looks at me like I've grown a few additional heads and talks to me like a 5 year old. She thinks I just don't understand and keeps telling me one doesn't simply vacuum. 
This is against most principles I hold dear, especially the one about not doing work twice. If I'm not fond of vacuuming, why would I want to do it twice? It's like mowing the $(#&@ lawn twice. My scientific (alleged) brain cannot comprehend why one would have to vacuum twice. All my life I've vacuumed once and everything was fine. Vacuuming twice never entered my mind, which is too occupied with satire, parody, and sarcasm, so there's little room for anything else. I couldn't even make up vacuuming twice. I had relatives who had a cleaning service. They would clean before the service arrived. Maybe they were distantly related to Mrs. lefty. If so, we have a case of distant incest, I think.
I'm smart enough to pick up stuff that won't be picked up or will hurt the vacuum, like huge balls of stuffing the dog ripped out of her stuffed animals, large pieces of titanium, various engines (8 cylinder only), and coins. Are you confused yet? I am. I cannot understand why there are always coins on the floor. Mathematically speaking, I don't put them there and the dog has no interest in them, so there's only one person left. She claims to have no idea how they get there. So either someone's in denial, or a hole opens in the air and coins fall out onto the floor. I would be more in favor of this if hundreds fell from the vortex, but I have no say. The problem is that I have to pick them up, which isn't working today because I hurt myself and bending is a no-no, unless I wanted to hang out in the emergency room for twelve hours or test the limits of my sick time. Hopefully a bad back will get me out of vacuuming for a day or so.

  • American and Southwest Airlines will not be serving alcohol, due to passenger violence
  • will hand out Xanax instead 

The future will be livestreamed 

Instagram star kills himself in livestream in police chase after tying up and abusing girlfriend
Everybody has their 15 minutes, then burns out in a livestream  









No comments:

Post a Comment