Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Captivity - Day 4

To the best of my knowledge, no additional restrictions have been put on our liberties, except that the state Supreme Court ruled that gun shops are not "life-sustaining". I wonder who defends the Supreme Court and do they have to show up without guns. 2nd Amendment, folks.

Penny remains positive, especially when it involves belly rubs.

Working from home continues to have a bright sheen on it. I want to do this permanently, or at least til Mrs lefty gets home from visiting family. There was no traffic this morning, owing to us putting Penny's toys away last night. The only pain it causes is when we have remote conferences: I have to keep my mouth shut. It hurts. My boss is a gentleman, who advised his entire team to act professionally. Mind you, he said ACT - not BE. Do you know how difficult it is not to tell my boss' boss that he's wrong? Most conferences, I have Mrs lefty tie my hands behind my chair. Then leave them there for later.

Certain rules are mandatory at home: the most important being the MUTE BUTTON. You have no idea how much can leak from your home office when you forget to use the MUTE BUTTON. I went absolutely ballistic on a worthless Microsoft program and found out everyone was treated to my little love poem to Microsoft. Hundreds. Many of these stupid conferencing programs don't bother to remember your preferences, so always check first. That mute button - does that mean it's already muted or do I press it to mute. What were these people smoking when they designed this?

Then 4 hours of begging the wife to turn off TMZ.



NATIONAL EMERGENCY:
Dunkin Donuts is closed. Two in the area.
Dunkin should qualify as mission-critical.
This is terrible... these folks are hourly and they have no income. There's nothing wrong with coffee. Idiot Governor strikes again. Government is not going to help us. 

The convenience store was open, practicing social distancing, with the floors marked in 6' squares. Fair enough. Only they had to make your coffee. Asking for extra cream and 12 sugars must be embarrassing. Asking for good coffee was even more difficult. Fortunately they still had the strawberry icee drinks with whipped cream.  Penny was all over the whipped cream. Not so much the strawberry.




As if it's not bad enough we're getting played by our own government, I got played by my own wife.  "Can you help me put some twigs in bags?" Sure - I don't want you bending down and hurting yourself. [Mistake #1]

Use these bags.
Aren't they large? [Mistake #2]
Yes, everything's in piles.
There sure are a lot of piles here.
I'm trimming some bushes.
The bushes are dead. [Mistake #3] Didn't you say you needed help picking up some twigs? There is a small truckload of twigs here.
But I got you a lot of bags. [HER Mistake #1]
Don't I have to do the dishes?
Yes, but this first [HER Mistake #2]
Don't we have some indoor priorities?
Outdoors is every bit as important.
Gee, it looks like you're in pain - maybe you should stop now.

Hey, that was the neighbor. She said it was weird to see you gardening, not to mention outside. [HER last mistake]







* please remember: anybody with 2 live brain cells is going to remain home and work from home. Observe social distancing, just in case.  What we don't need is some overbloated, money-stealing organization making it law and drafting the state police to enforce it. The government cannot organize a sock drawer, no less a pandemic.

No comments:

Post a Comment