Saturday, March 28, 2020

Captivity - Day 8

The SPCA could use your help. Get in touch with your local shelter to see what they need. Blankets, food, help, money, adoption....


I couldn't sleep and looked at the clock, figuring 7am.
Up at the crack of 11:30, I was pleasantly surprised I had beaten noon.
7 is close to 11:30, right?

This wasn't helped by opening the curtains. It was gray. Even more gray than normal. It was obviously raining; a gray rain. There was no trace of sunshine anywhere. Even the animals were silent. Just like every other day (in the tropical rainforest of PA). I think I just complain about the rain for exercise....

Last night, I was so out of my mind, I walked.
No, really. Mrs lefty and I took Penny for a walk. It was a strange feeling. Fortunately I didn't have to call an ambulance. Remember: exercise causes cancer.

Penny, at roughly 6, hasn't gotten the hang of Collar yet. She will yank against it until she literally chokes herself. We stop for a moment, then she takes off and strangles herself again. I can't imagine this being fun (at least for dogs). There were cars, moving, on the roads. The best pizza in the universe was still available (just not in the restaurant) and we even saw some kids walking. We gave up trying to explain social distancing to Penny; she thinks everybody should come to her. Except priests - she has growled at a number of them. Perhaps they don't know dogs are atheists. Mrs lefty has a bigger problem when we're walking Penny and I growl at the priests.

Idiot Governor still insists on being in office, in spite of my protests and suggestions for a different method of impeachment:

Trebuchet


Mrs lefty is desperate to get out of the house. Let's face it - you would too if you had to live with me. I tried to explain that Stay Home meant only go out for food or gas (or pizza); not to pick up your mother and go shoe shopping. Idiot governor has not put shoe stores on the essential to life list. Wife says this is purely a sexist move: if idiot governor were a woman, this wouldn't be a problem.  This won't go well, but I'm not going to be the one to tell her.


What's on tv?
Vincent Price movies.
He was actually a pretty funny guy, when he wasn't sawing people in half.

No comments:

Post a Comment