Monday, June 1, 2020

Captivity - Day 73 Don't put your thing in there, Jimmy

Now it's that Windows time of year, when it can't decide whether you need the air conditioner or the heat. So dress for both. People enjoy umbrellas indoors.

So, what do you do to keep amused after violence in 140 areas?
Peet's coffee will automatically send you whatever you want monthly. (bastards won't even give me a free k-cup). Peet's French roast is all I drink, unless Mrs lefty would prefer I don't act out at social events (it doesn't usually matter).

You can't take me anywhere, so you don't.
In other news, there's very little of it.


In the spirit of justice, the dog has been raiding the treat jar. Fortunately she hasn't broken anything (yet).


Oh, I think my house is on an angle.
As I started working from home, I noticed the office chair moving. Not by itself, fortunately, but if I got up to do something, the chair had swiveled right. This caused much laughter (and pain) as I repeatedly fell on the floor (or couldn't sit). So I'm going to take a level to the roof to find out.


Thank you to all the long time and new readers. You got me above 5 views a day. It sounds very silly but it means a lot. Even if it's one of you, repeatedly loading the page.



Welcome, dear readers, to Pass the Loot - a new blog game that brings the headlines to you, long before people say it's appropriate to joke about it!

[picture Jay Leno or any other comic onstage]

So what is it with the Target stores in Philly? When they named them Target, they didn't mean literally.  [ba dump]

So what's with all the looting?
I think some of the looters could show some initiative: instead of damaging, looting, and assaulting, they could take a wagon around and call it Bricks and Sticks. They can sell bricks to the looters! That's America.

Our next part of Pass the Loot is the Blame Game; where different officials, local and national, blame each other for the problem, then the result.

President says governors aren't doing a thing, (Thanks, Trump) - he tweeted that
Governors are in hiding behind stupid orders from last month, then blaming the president. Mayors are in hiding. When they come out for Groundhog Day, they blame President, as if he personally looted entire cities (Philly). The senators of President's own party say they don't like his tone.

Since it's early, it's very difficult to blame the actual looters, but the statistics are starting to pile up: most of them are local.

It would appear you're not safe if you're a Target or shoe store. Do you think the looters' mothers were bitten by a Target when they were little?


Meanwhile, the looters, who say you can't blame all black people because there are some bad ones, say all police are bad, because there are some bad ones. Then they turn the police cars over and set them on fire.



Meanwhile, the malls have been ordered to close because of looters.
Nobody told me the malls were open. We're under Captivity. Did we not get the bulletin? Is plastic jewelry an essential business? 12 phone cover kiosks? I can see Victoria's Secret being essential. Cheesecake Factory? Guitar Center had better be open. I'd only visit - I don't loot (because they never have any left handed guitars worth looting).


No comments:

Post a Comment