Thursday, May 14, 2020

Breaking the Streak

I promised (myself? you? somebody?) that I'd close down the ranting and raving, concentrating instead on captivity. I think I've managed to pull it off reasonably well, but, as you'd imagine, holding it in hurts too much and I need a release valve.  The Stupid... it hurts...

TV is a mess to begin with. They ran out of ideas ten years ago and this is a rehash of a rehash of a sequel of the son of the original's cousin. Watching this crap is physically painful. To see what garbage haunts us, just turn the tv on.

The Flying AIDS has even changed the way we watch tv. The talking heads are now broadcasting from their own (or somebody else's) home - each one of them. Their social distancing is 40 miles or 2 counties. Now most of the dingalings are doing it too. They look like idiots, which is rather convenient, as they are idiots.

I spend a lot of time listening to religious folks telling me we are in the end times. Aside from being amused, after reviewing their claims, I believe tonight has provided literal video proof that they're correct. It is a sad day for me.

We know we can't go outside, nor can the (alleged) artists, news and musicians, so we have to sit in the living room and save the world from there. Our jaws are on the floor, which surely is the indicator of something involving the end of the world. Alleged artists are watching tv and this is the tv show. The entire tv show is stars reacting to tv shows. It's easy to like because you don't know who most of the stars are. As it goes further, you turn to your tv partner and wonder aloud when tv died - the actual date. We're watching a show about people watching a show. According to quantum physics, this is a quark and will repeat on itself until a black hole eats the entire planet. Maybe this is the promised end times, minus the science.

Of course, we're just as bad for watching this excrement after 3 minutes.

Speaking of excrement, TMZ came on before it. TMZ: gays making fun of straights since 2008.



Because Mrs lefty has had a bad week with chronic pain, I offered to go food shopping with her. This is a very stupid idea, proving we do not learn from our mistakes.

I was very well-behaved. From the car to the front door of the supermarket. WHAT? WE NEED TO WEAR MASKS IN THE STORE? Mrs lefty, in a moment of true genius, said 'you should wait in the car - no, really.' Since I listen to no one, especially if they make any sense and are correct, I continued into the store. I put on a world class display of grumbling. Since we live in the hell hole that is Pennsylvania, the state owns the liquor stores and you can't buy serious alcohol after certain hours. So we found some girly drinks, then saw the line to pay first was 90 people long. This reinforced my already positive mood.

You cannot buy pasta. Even the weird shaped pasta, in different colors, with names you cannot possibly pronounce after 15 years of class and a few summers in Italy. Everything else is more of less there. Except, of course, what I want. Markets pay someone to follow me around and find out what I like, so they can stop carrying it immediately. There is a really good soda available; out of which every flavor was available; except mine. That's the way it went. I kept think my wife was right - I should have stayed in the car. There was a STOP sign at one point, where a concierge (not in her job description - I asked) takes you to your personal checkout person. I am not a virologist, but this would seem to indicate you get the Flying AIDS at the STOP sign or 15 feet past it. I feel better now. You?

Mrs lefty wishes she stayed in the car. How do I know under the mask? I got the International Lefty Signal: eyes rolling. I see it a lot, for some reason.

The long and short of it is that we're being played.
We stand up, get in lines at least 6' apart, deal with shortages, flatten the curve, take the shot (as soon as there is one, Mr Gates), deal with greater limitations of our rights, and just pretend life goes on.


This isn't your garden variety stunt: it's all over the planet.
WHO is big enough to pull this off and why are they doing so?

No comments:

Post a Comment