Monday, May 25, 2020

Captivity - Day 66 A Memorial

I have to give it to the weather: it has held up nicely for our 3 day weekend.
It's a shame that Idiot Governor held up, still forbidding business from being done in PA. Calls to random businesses elicited similar reaction to ThermionicEmissions: Idiot Governor must step down or be impeached. Businesses are failing and Idiot Governor has no idea what he's doing, yet is driving the bus (off a cliff).

Beaches opened today. The funniest thing, aside from seeing people, was the whiners who were on screen, whining that the bathers weren't observing social distancing. This is probably the guy who calls the police when his first grade class has 1 more than the number of allowable children at the birthday party. Or counts the people in the ocean to make sure he doesn't have to call the police and fire because the sand is overcrowded. If you look closely, you can see a slight twist to his nose, from getting punched in it repeatedly.  So the beaches opened today in New Jersey and Delaware, but you couldn't buy food or stay at the motels. I don't know about you, but I desperately want to drive hours so I can play in the sand, get sunburn, eat highway hamburgers, repeatedly calm the dog, then drive hours home. A day well spent - AND you can tell everybody you went to the shore and took the dog.

Much to our amusement, there are face mask confrontations. Somebody, probably Sparky, as mentioned above, sees someone in a store, sans mask, and goes ballistic. He pushes the pre-programmed 911 button and goes nose to nose with the offender. When he reaches the hospital, the nurses groan, say "Hi, Sparky" and ask which body part someone broke this time. When Sparky hits 65, he'll be able to tell when it's going to rain when his nose hurts.



PA doesn't have much in the way of sand, but we have a shitload of brown, ugly water in which large ships put stuff and drop stuff off, presumably for concrete companies.


What did we do today?
NOTHING. Same as the other days, although no one woke me til 12:30. I had to wait til 4 for my first nap.

I don't want to know how long I've been in the house, first because I can't count, and second because it literally involved food shopping, weeks ago, plus 6 weeks before the Flying AIDS.

Mrs lefty is always helpful in these times: I think I have this figured out... she's either tired of me or fooling around (or both). When it's nice to go out, she offers me the choice of something so stupid, I'll never go. "Honey - how about we visit my sister with 16 kids showing up today?" Or "Want to go to the convenience store? They have MILK!" Or "The home improvement store just got a new shipment of Flying AIDS-free nails."  So the dog and I hang out on the couch, per Prophecy.






Our hearts go out to the brave people and families of those who lost their lives for our country. It is doubly sad that this happened for the benefit of the Military Industrial Complex.

No comments:

Post a Comment