Tuesday, May 12, 2020

RCA 11 Delta Pro Tablet micro review



It's blue.

Be here next week for my 1998 Fender Stratocaster review.


Well, it IS blue. I'm not positive, but my favorite color is blue, so it could only have come from Wife. Wife does nice things like that. Wife (et al) is not your standard wife, so I beg her (and everyone) not to give me presents. I once got a hair brush (that was cruel). Follow along with me as I recount the Tale of The tablets.

I bought a Samsung Mildly Expensive Model, because I wanted something serious. Naturally it quit, going into a boot loop in short order. I found out what a 30 day guarantee is: it's a design that allows you to keep a broken device for at least 31 days before you even get started finding the device's box to ship it back. Because it would take me at least 230 days to think about finding a box, a new box showed up. Since I don't like new boxes, I suggested just sending it back. It was way too small to be a guitar, so this was not going to be a good idea. [have you ever heard someone bitch about getting presents before?]

With dark, somber, Vincent Price music in the background, I opened it. I was both relieved, shocked, and annoyed. There was an RCA 11 Delta Pro. They got a deal. If one follows the logic, when my main guitar was in the shop, they should've bought me another guitar, just in case. Since they know me, they said I had 90 days to not like it (then why buy it?); I said it came from HSNQVCHomeDeliveryNetwork. Both of us were correct.

So it's blue.
It's an 11" display, which is relatively large, in a field where it is legal to say 12" equals 10.34". It comes with a detachable keyboard, which certainly ups the Gee Whiz Factor. It's actually a decent keyboard, as far as spacing goes. It's not very accurate, but I suspect it's PEBKAC-related (Problem Exists Between Keyboard and Chair). The not lying when they say the keyboard detaches. Thus far it has detached itself 3 times on me, without me asking it to. Don't take this as a fault or cheap construction. In fact, it's damn sturdy.

The build is surprisingly compact and sturdy. While it's possible the other colors are of the same size and sturdiness, I cannot say. I got the blue one. All the holes and stuff are located on the tablet left side, which is convenient, unless you want to use it. I'm kidding but you probably want to charge it without touching it. It uses the standard micro-USB that your phone uses, unless it uses a C (real newer android or a thunder/lightning (Apple). It also has other holes, none of which I understand. Ok, I lied: there's a power switch, a headphone jack, a usb, the aforementioned microUSB, additional RAM slot, Bluetooth, AC adapter, mic, DC adapter.,

SPECS:
* 2g RAM, 32gb RAM, expandable to 128gb
* 1.3GHz 4 Quad-Core engine thingie
* 1366 x 768
* touchscreen
* Bluetooth
* Dual 2MP camera
* Android 9 (Chocolate Cream Pie)
* preinstalled Google apps
* Up to 6 hours battery life


Comments:
* 2g RAM, 32gb RAM, expandable to 128gb- if you never put anything on the tablet, you'll be just fine. Otherwise, buy the damn extension.
* 1.3GHz 4 Quad-Core engine thingie - it's Blue
* 1366 x 768 - standard laptop resolution (I think)
* touchscreen - works just fine and confuses the hell out of me when I change to my laptop, without a touchscreen.
* Bluetooth - it's Blue
* Dual 2MP cameras  (are you kidding me? my phone has 16MP)
* Android 9 (Chocolate Cream Pie) I honestly don't know if this will upgrade to android 10 but it's worth finding out
* preinstalled Google apps  - get rid of this shit unless you really don't care. Google is a stain on the planet and exists to get your data to advertise to you.
* Up to 6 hours battery life - how do they figure this out? Here, Bobby, we're going to give you a few cups of coffee - now go play with the tablet.


OBSERVATIONS
I haven't played with it a lot yet, so here goes...

I like it so far. I love the larger screen, which allows me to make larger mistakes. It's almost weird to do things onscreen.  Every control does what it's supposed to. It's solid (dog hasn't pushed it off the couch yet).

Irony: When I was little, we'd send toys back when they forgot to put in the instructions. Now we're thrilled if they put in instructions at all.

Speaking strictly of the blue one, I think the battery could last longer. It's not crisis level but still...I'd make sure to turn it off between on(s).

Definitely PEBKAC on the keyboard. After spending a little more time with it, it actually helps make less errors. Your mileage may vary. I am cursed with the onscreen keyboard in my phone, so this is a blessing. Along these lines, I don't think the screen opens enough. Either I'm too short or the angle of opening is too long. Or both. It would be easier to see if it opened further.


To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment