Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Captivity - Day 18

Life, or what we're calling it, continues, unabated.
There are always concerns, but we're holding it together nicely.

It's mostly sunny, as opposed to mostly cloudy, as opposed to friggin disgusting.
The clouds are fighting a battle to block the sun but aren't having much luck, like Rob Reiner trying to not eat a case of Twinkies. Like Cher, standing next to an original picture of herself, trying to convince people she's the same person. She originally used to look like an American Indian. Now she looks like.... Sylvester Stallone.



Never made it to walk the dog last night, as I had Exercise Panic and had to sit on the couch all night. But I was ready to face the state police and the National Guard. Our forefathers did not fight and die so we couldn't walk our dogs in a pandemic!  I dare the Big-Ass doctors on tv to tell me how I'll get the Flying AIDS from walking the dog. These people don't know what to recommend from day to day, no less what to do in obvious situations.

DO: walk your dog
DON'T: walk your dog during an indoor church service, with 27 busloads of the faithful in attendance.

DO: stay in the goddamn house
DON'T: go to those crowded shows where men dress as women. Go to the ones where men dress as chipmunks.

DO: kiss your wife
DON'T: kiss anybody else's wife (unless she's living with you too)

DO: go outside
DON'T: go outside

DO: wear a mask at the store
DON'T: go to the store

DO: discover new and exciting fetishes
DON'T: try acting them out without your significant other's permission. Prince fans like purple rain. Only a tiny portion of the populace likes yellow rain.



We watched the replay of the Elton John Home Concert.
What a bunch of fatuous, overpriviliged nimrods. "I'm so proud to be a part of this. We're fighting the virus, man, from our living rooms. And yo, props to the first responders and doctors and nurses." My wife, a much more hip person than I could hope to be, couldn't identify some of the acts, so I didn't feel so bad. And I'm a damn musician!

What did I reaffirm? Camilla Cabello is really cute, but only with the sound off.
I prefer Mariah Carey v1, before the facial surgery, breast implants, and a few stays at the Happy Place<tm>. I love Shakira (who didn't appear in the show), and Sir Elton is a gentleman of the highest order. Also, every star shelters-in-place with a guitar player, conveniently, in case they have to do a living room concert.  Hmmm... I smell a gig - I'll bet Shakira needs a guitar player...



---------------------------------------------------------------

Be good to your family, friends, and neighbors. People are getting laid off. Pharmacy employees cannot work from home (I checked). Help where you can, if you can.


No comments:

Post a Comment