Friday, April 10, 2020

Captivity - Day 21

I think all this is having an effect on the dog....
She's not putting her toys back anymore... it's bad enough that her parents have trouble in this area, but when I can't get up from the couch for the dog toys on the floor, there's a problem.  Either that, or she's finally starting to learn from her parents. When she starts drinking too much Snapple, we're going to see the vet. I've never had a dog who failed to grok gravity before. She grabs a toy, leaps up on the couch, then drops the toy on the floor. She sits there, looking at it, perhaps willing it up to the couch. This happens repeatedly and she still lets it fall. It turns out she's doing some Science on us: she's waiting to see how long it will take to train us to pick up the toy.

We're (obviously) 21 days into captivity and I was wondering what I'd be typing about if we weren't locked up confined to the house sheltering-in-place. I've managed to get one blog post per day, with absolutely nothing changing or happening. One could say that I have an awful lot to say about nothing. Or that nothing sparks creativity. Or, as my mom says, "You have a big mouth." Or, as my wife says, "Will you shut up already?"

The clouds have lost their morning battle with the sun, but we remain vigilant. After some spring temperatures, we're back in the Nippley Zone. 2 hours later, if got darker. Now there are snowflakes. Why does this not surprise me? It's windy - I think I saw one of the neighbor kids blow past the house.

Idiot governor hasn't done anything stupid today, but it's early.


So we had to decide on lunch. I favored some bacon with a little pizza. She wanted Duck ala Orange with green sauce. Oh great - fatty meat with oranges. We went with turkey (with no fruit). While I'm working, she likes to tease me... because I don't listen to her (in general, moreso when I'm working), she asked where I'd like to go tonight - the mall? I got all excited, like somebody suggested sex. In both cases, it was not to be.

Wife went to pick up a prescription and they must've thought she was me. They made her wait 20 minutes til everyone else was done, then looked at her funny - "Did you want something?" Meanwhile she watched the employees 'work.' Their boss must've taken off, because the were playing Bayer Ball, Catch the Cover Girl, and Keep Away from the bladder leak underwear. Maybe their boss was there - someone had to teach them to abandon their registers when the lines had more than 2 people in them. One female employee was a little sweet on a male coworker. This was obvious as she chased him up and down the aisles with a price gun, pricing certain parts of him that we couldn't see, but appeared to be near his midsection. Ah, young lust.

I hate retail from both sides of the cash register.

Next to the pharmacy is a gift store. Or some kind of a store with gifts in it. Shelves of crap like wood with funny sayings on it, little dead furry things on tiny wood mountings, and other kinds of funny sayings on fridge magnets. After reading this, does the description make you want to go in or run at the fastest speed possible to a closed liquor store? Because my wife visits there (buys) regularly (several times a week), she has reached Special Status (the manager knows her name). The manager is a little hard of selecting, so she asks the wife what she thinks they need to carry. Every time she chooses, the items fly off the shelves. I will never know walking into a store where someone is happy to see me.


With every day the same, one loses time. I just found out it's Easter on Sunday.
In a meeting, thousands of years ago, the days of the week got together and addressed Saturday's complaint. The result is Good Friday, Super Saturday, and Amazing Sunday. So as to be inclusive, there's also Easter Candy Sale Monday. So once again, we're getting ripped off by the Flying AIDS.



Archbishop Abp Vigano (yes, I spelled that right) asked bishops and priests to pray exorcism 'against Satan' on Holy Saturday. This from a holy group that preys on little boys - exorcise yourselves first.

How's that for a lite, fun Easter story?



Until tomorrow ...
(unless I die)





No comments:

Post a Comment